The Wrestling Legends Forum
Old School with OD - Printable Version

+- The Wrestling Legends Forum (http://thewrestlinglegendsforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wrestling Video Games (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: WWE2K18 (/forum-450.html)
+---- Forum: Create an Arena (/forum-455.html)
+----- Forum: Ps4 (/forum-456.html)
+----- Thread: Old School with OD (/thread-19231.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Old School with OD - OD50 - 11-10-2017 04:38 PM

So, I was almost having seizures from getting this game to do what I want it to do, but after some struggling I managed to upload WrestleMania IV both as an arena and as a show. I have really been careful to not edit the logos in any way, shape or form after applying them so hopefully they won't get hit by the dreaded invisible logo glitch (fuck you 2K).

[Image: m8feyp.jpg]

I have moved the left and right walls further back since the pic was taken, looks better I think. The wall on the left side opposite the WWF logo has a Trump Plaza logo on it. If anyone cares even more about accuracy than me it's simple to just remove the side walls. I kind of like the look though and it somewhat hides that the arena is empty behind the entrance stage. Just like with my old-school move-sets I figured I might as well share some of the stuff that I create for myself

If anyone DL's let me know what you think and if the logos survived going through 2K customs (they are rather harsh I hear..).

Tags are WrestleMania IV, WrestleMania 4 and WLF.

I also have a completed WrestleMania V and a pretty much done WrestleMania VI. For whatever reason WMV doesn't show up when I try to upload it though. I will probably put together a WrestleMania VII as well.

Old School with OD - dely316 - 11-10-2017 04:53 PM

Very nice! I wish that they'd give us more arena templates to choose from such as a dome and the Trump Plaza design that 2k14 had.

Old School with OD - OD50 - 11-10-2017 04:58 PM

For sure, had to make the SkyDome an outdoors venue, which kind of sucks. There was a dome in 2K17 wasn't it? Why did they have to remove that. I tried to "simulate" the Trump Plaza somewhat by making the LED boards around the venue green with some WrestleMania, WWF and Trump Plaza banners. Not the same, but not much else to do.

And is it just me or does the crowd lightning really not work this year? I wanted to to have a slight red/blue light over the crowd to simulate lightning from the Trump Plaza ceiling, but nothing seems to happen when you edit it.

Old School with OD - OD50 - 11-10-2017 05:12 PM

I really wanted the yellow'ish Trump Plaza carpet to be visible around the ring when I started on the arena, so on my first try I created the floor padding/mats around the ring using in-game logos. It looked pretty good but I noticed that it caused massive lag when playing with more than two models, especially when one of them went outside the ring, so I scratched the idea and just used the "classic" floor mats. I prefer slightly less accuracy over lag.

I've noticed that custom arenas run fairly smooth even with 6-8 models, unless there are lots of logos and textures used on them.

Old School with OD - Chromaslam - 11-10-2017 11:53 PM

This is pretty cool man. I will have to check this out.

Old School with OD - Chromaslam - 11-11-2017 04:16 AM

Here you go man...
I will drop these here for you .. Gave you a couple options ..
Download links underneath the preview image. Enjoy.

[Image: lNuMYSF.png]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

[Image: XF4Su9X.png]

[Image: rYMExtf.png]

Old School with OD - OD50 - 11-11-2017 10:22 AM

Looks great, thanks.

Old School with OD - StormsWarning - 11-11-2017 03:15 PM

great job thank you!

Old School with OD - OD50 - 11-11-2017 07:13 PM

Thanks. I have WMV as well but for whatever reason I can't upload it, either as an arena or as a show. I managed to upload WrestleMania I but only as a show and not just the arena. Not sure what is going on.

Old School with OD - StormsWarning - 11-12-2017 01:23 AM

its crazy how we had every ring in 2k14 but yet we can hardly put together the rings now. od your work is awesome, anything you upload i'll grab for sure!