Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Figure Four Leg Lock
01-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Figure Four Leg Lock
i'm curious to know.. when you think of the Figure Four Leg Lock what's the first Wrestlers name you think of?

[Image: PRETTYGRIMLAMF_zps28412c09.jpg]
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Re: Figure Four Leg Lock
I think of Ric Flair right away....  And then Greg Valentine.. partly because I've just caw'd him.

[Image: 1t0w2s.jpg]
Signature created by Judders

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
01-11-2013, 03:42 PM
I think of Buddy Rodgers because Ric Flair basically just stole his whole enitre gimmick anyway......another couple I think of is Greg Valentine and Jeff Jarrett

[Image: JeffJarrettBanner.jpg]
01-12-2013, 03:51 AM
Like KRad I also think Ric Flair straight away. If I think a little more I guess Jeff Jarrett is next to come to mind but Flair is the wrestler I associate the move with most.

[Image: 150px-WWFLogo94-98.png]
01-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Definitely Flair. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't immediately associate the Figure Four with Flair.  Except for owenrock, of course.  Smile

[Image: thornsly.jpg]<br />Thanks to Taker for the amazing sig!
01-12-2013, 02:02 PM
well I kinda did associate it with Flair.....although I associated it with the original Ric Flair lol I like Ric Flair he had much more success with the Gimmick but lets not kid ourselves...he doesnt have much originality about him...he pretty much stole Buddy Rodgers whole persona and used it as his own

[Image: JeffJarrettBanner.jpg]
01-12-2013, 02:11 PM
You're right, no doubt about it.  The thing is, a lot of people (myself included) had never seen Buddy perform until years later through outlets like old tapes, YouTube, etc. So, yes, Flair pretty much stole the ball and ran with it, but I didn't know that when I was being amazed by him in the 80s.

[Image: thornsly.jpg]<br />Thanks to Taker for the amazing sig!
02-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Hello all: Could be wrong, but I believe Dory Funk Jr. used it in the Seventies. Best, Chris.
02-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Great Muta, Flair, Buddy Rogers, Valentine, Jarrett, HBK. And Bret Doing it around the ring post.

Those are the first few which come to mind, no love for Muta, wow and I would have thought people would have mentioned Bret doing it around the ring post.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
03-01-2013, 12:22 PM
(02-09-2013 05:38 PM)HarlotEffect link Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Bret doing it around the ring post.

it's too bad he would usually smack his head off the concrete while doing that  Sad

[Image: Dann01.gif][Image: DefDave02.gif][Image: JaySticLe.gif]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)