Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
*The New Board Changes*
05-09-2013, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 06:18 PM by DefDave7.)
*The New Board Changes*
Well guys as you can see, obviously things look just a little different now. Wink Truth be told, this is something that was sorely needed but I just didn't have time to dedicate to it until just recently with a change in my job situation. Regardless of what happens to me in the future though, this new software will be a great tool to make sure the other Admins can run the place completely.

We merged almost everything from the old software to here but a few things may have been left behind inadvertently. One example I noticed is I've lost a few pm's. If you have also lost pm's, I apologize. If there is anything vitally important that you need to retrieve then send me a pm here and we'll see if there is anything we can do to help. Also, some code in some people's signatures didn't translate well to this software so you may need to fix them in your user profile.

This whole change is a work in progress. There will be more tweaks coming here and there but the foundation has been laid and I don't foresee any big changes coming anytime soon. What is to come should be just fixing bugs that may pop up and adding more features. If you come across any bugs that need fixing, please reply in this thread to bring it to our attention.

The new board software does indeed bring new features such as a post "like" system (yes finally lol), enhanced smilies, new notification system, mobile device compatibility, easy access to social media on the tab to the right, and much more as you'll likely see for yourself. Smile

There will not be a shoutbox added anytime soon, if ever. So please don't ask. Believe me, it's what's best for the community. If you have something to say that you wanted to put in a shoutbox, just post a thread about it instead. Smile

Myself and staff will be taking your feedback here so let us know what you think and hopefully you enjoy your new and improved WLF!

Oh, one more thing. Please don't forget to update your bookmarks to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and check us out on Tapatalk or Forumrunner mobile apps.

Thanks,
Dave

[Image: __defdavelegendsig.jpg]

Undertaker on Shoutbox 8-20-10: "just watching summerslam 94 with a bear and cheese and onion crisps"
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes DefDave7's post:
Starrcade_24 (05-14-2013)
05-09-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: *The New Board Changes*
I am one person who is happy that shoutbox is gone in a sense that people may use the board now.

[Image: N3HghIr.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rockhead262's post:
DefDave7 (05-09-2013)
05-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Gonna miss the shoutbox, but I like the new layout etc, PMs are easier to manage etc.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
05-09-2013, 06:37 PM
I hear ya, Harlot. But it really is for the best.

Well there's a bug above there. Likes are doubling for some reason. I'll have to work on that but not until I get some sleep.

Undertaker on Shoutbox 8-20-10: "just watching summerslam 94 with a bear and cheese and onion crisps"
05-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Really liking the new layout. I understand completely why the shoutbox is gone.

[Image: WLFSIG_zps7279c406.png]
05-09-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm in shock...

*takes a sip of beer*

I'll get used to it Wink

[Image: Dann01.gif][Image: DefDave02.gif][Image: JaySticLe.gif]
05-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Surprise

Everything will be just fine. Smile

05-09-2013, 06:52 PM
How do we turn off notifications on threads we reply to? Not a huge problem but I just don't need emails to tell me

[Image: 1t0w2s.jpg]
Signature created by Judders

[-] The following 1 user Likes KRadiation's post:
DefDave7 (05-09-2013)
05-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Notification

Subscription Notifications

Then checkbox and change to no notification.

Problem I see is you are auto subscribed when you reply to a thread.

[Image: N3HghIr.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rockhead262's post:
DefDave7 (05-09-2013)
05-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Thank you for the heads up. I just ran a database query that should have the auto-emails disabled by default now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)