Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who's sticking with 2K14?
10-27-2014, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 08:19 PM by Semtex.)
So I have spent the better part of the last 2 hours reading all the negative reviews about the last-gen releases of WWE 2k15. While I appreciate most people's opinion, they have in fact changed my mind of my pre-order, and I will be cancelling instead of picking it up.

With all that said, this is just a post to re-ignite the 2K14 CC. I have downloaded all 100 CAW slots, with (40) belonging to WWF, and (60) belonging to the NWA/WCW.

Here's hoping that many of you who have pulled back from uploading your creations or logos, get a bit of a second wind, as the feeling I am getting is that many last-gen users like myself will be skipping this, and sticking with 2k14 for a while. This is a cry for any and all NWA ppv or clash logos/arenas. A call out to the truly best of the best CAW makers out there to keep them coming.

I apologize if this thread doesn't belong here, but I felt it does. After reading the reviews so far, it seems I will reset my universe, and act as if this is the new game coming out.
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Change of thread title and I think you may have a decent post.

After reading the reviews of last gen and not owning a current gen console yet, I do have the urge to get into this again, and the urge to perhaps do more creations at some point. Just need to find the time to do so now Smile

Wrestling Legends Figures: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
10-27-2014, 08:55 PM
I'm sticking with 2K14.

The pros of 2K15? Updated roster, better graphics, and better gameplay. Every year they say there's "better gameplay" and it's usually pretty much the same. I'm sure it has improved, but I don't think it'll be a world of difference. Yeah, the graphics will be better, but it's not like 2K14 is bad. Sure, some of the models (Rick Rude) look terrible, but overall it's pretty good. I'm a guy who still plays Fire Pro, so graphics isn't the end all/be all for me. And the updated roster? That doesn't matter to me at all. I don't really follow current WWE, so most of the current roster is useless to me.

The cons of 2K15? Fewer legends, no custom music, no custom entrances. The characters I primarily use are legends and CAWs, so these are HUGE cons for me.

I feel like 2K14 had the best roster of any video game, even better than Showdown (missing guys like Hall/Nash, Undertaker) or LoWM (missing Savage, Steamboat) I can still enjoy this roster. Plus, custom music is HUGE to me. Not just for past wrestlers and TNA guys, but for custom fictional wrestlers I've made up and for CAWs of myself and my friends. I'll just wait until 2K16 and hope they include more legends next year. If not, they at least should add back custom music by then.

[Image: 33jr82f.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes WrestleFest's post:
WrestlingFan (10-28-2014)
10-27-2014, 09:47 PM
RE: Who's sticking with 2K14?
(10-27-2014 05:54 PM)mlindsay76 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.With all that said, this is just a post to re-ignite the 2K14 CC. I have downloaded all 100 CAW slots, with (40) belonging to WWF, and (60) belonging to the NWA/WCW.

Here's hoping that many of you who have pulled back from uploading your creations or logos, get a bit of a second wind, as the feeling I am getting is that many last-gen users like myself will be skipping this, and sticking with 2k14 for a while. This is a cry for any and all NWA ppv or clash logos/arenas. A call out to the truly best of the best CAW makers out there to keep them coming

I was always going to stick with 14, I never really expected anything to add to the vast amount of old school content I already have over 6 saves, and upgrading to next gen is not something I plan to do anytime soon.

You may be on 360 but I've uploaded probably more than a full saves worth of NWA logo's and arenas to ps3 cc You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mean dalenko's post:
10-27-2014, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 10:03 PM by KRadiation.)
I'm keeping 2k14, the first time Since HCTP that I've kept the game and not traded it in towards the cost of something else after a few months.

It has the best legends roster with the option to enhance it dramatically with the 100 caw slots, music, entrance motions and the ring apron glitch. Oh and textures!

The only thing I see on 15 that's a great inprocements is the commentary but saying that it's only that good if you're using the current roster. I've no doubt that for caw vs caw matches it will still be the same kind of shitty generic 'he's going for his move!' Style lines.

[Image: 1t0w2s.jpg]
Signature created by Judders

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KRadiation's post:
10-27-2014, 10:33 PM
I can see myself sticking with 2K14 for a few years, easily. It's got its annoyances, but I couldn't be happier with what I've got in terms of rosters. I am sure that, down the road, 2K will pull off something that just up and demands I make an upgrade, but for now I am quite satisfied.
10-27-2014, 10:35 PM
I second that! I'm sticking with '14. 2K, are you listening?
10-27-2014, 11:51 PM
No custom music and entrances were enough of a turnoff for me to cancel my pre-order. I'm staying with 2K14 on my 360. The majority of my matches uses legends and 2K14 had a deeper roster of them. I'm simply not a big fan of today's "superstars". I've downloaded a ton of CAW's and will do a few more. I hope that the Community Creations for 2K14 hasn't been shut down yet.
10-28-2014, 12:52 AM
2k14 does have alot of awesome legends sticking with it 100%! 2k took our features away in 15 but they can't take away our 14.
10-28-2014, 03:04 AM
2K14 until PS4 release then I will probably be back lol.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)