Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WWF/WCW Clash Of The Titans
02-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Being a forum dedicated to wrestling from the WWF and WCW/NWA era, I'm sure many threads have been created and discussed over the years in regards to how a feud or series of matches between the 2 organisations could be booked. For years and years, fans of both companies have always debated and dreamt what if? the WWF and WCW were to host a supercard featuring talents from both sides going head to head in a series of dream matches. Who would face who? Who would go over? Which company would ultimately reign supreme? As grandiose and gargantuan a task that this may sound, I am hoping to create something that will finally answer some of those questions...

Introducing Clash Of The Titans, the supercard to end all supercards, the best of WWF versus the best of WCW, legend vs legend, icon vs icon.

Match Card (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):

The Rockers vs Rock 'n' Roll Express
Junk Yard Dog vs Dusty Rhodes
Bam Bam Bigelow vs Dr Death Steve Williams
Mr Perfect vs Ricky Steamboat
Twin Towers vs The Fantastics
Powers of Pain vs Skyscrapers
Ted DiBiase vs Stan Hansen
Rick Martel vs Brian Pillman
British Bulldogs vs Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard
Jake Roberts vs Terry Funk
Greg Valentine vs Harley Race
Roddy Piper & Paul Orndorff vs Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin)
Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff vs Ivan & Nikita Koloff
Hart Foundation vs Steiner Brothers
Tito Santana vs Barry Windham
Demolition vs Road Warriors
Mega Powers & Ultimate Warrior vs Ric Flair, Lex Luger & Sting

I'm basing the matches on the 1985 - 1989 era. Obviously, there will be some cross over with guys having worked both promotions, but I've tried to keep it so that wrestlers are on the side of the company they were most synonymous with during that time.

I'm putting the finishing touches to a hard hitting Bam Bam Bigelow vs Dr Death match and am currently working on Santana vs Windham. Here's some sneak screenshots of the former:

[Image: 2mfkisj.jpg]
[Image: 14cbdyx.jpg]
[Image: e15cft.jpg]
[Image: 2rp32oi.jpg]

Once it's edited with on screen graphics, commentary, pre and post match comments etc, I'm hoping this could be quite something. The theme is going to be 'Alive And Kicking' by Simple Minds - I've got some good ideas for the introductory PPV promo...

There's a lot of guys missing from the above list, including:

WWF:
-------
Andre The Giant, King Kong Bundy, John Studd, Rick Rude, Haku, Hercules, Honky Tonk Man, Terry Taylor, Dino Bravo, Bad News Brown, Jim Duggan, Don Muraco, Killer Bees, Ken Patera, Fabulous Rougeaus, Brutus Beefcake and more...

WCW:
-------
The Great Muta, Midnight Express, Doom, The Great Muta, Terry Gordy, Tom Zenk, Ronnie Garvin, Kevin Sullivan, Mike Rotunda (Varsity Club) and more...

I am tentatively thinking of Rude vs Garvin & Duggan vs Gordy and putting many of the others in a 20 man royal rumble. Would be rude not to...

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions for matches, please let me know. The main event is fixed, as are the two matches I'm working on, but I'm pretty open otherwise. Due to the number of matches, this will take some time, so I may break down the card into 3 shorter shows to speed things up.

Thanks!
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2015, 04:25 AM
Looking forward to this!
03-21-2015, 10:58 AM
any updates on this ?
03-25-2015, 01:17 PM
Just thought of an idea of a match Great Muta vs Great Kabuki. Dunno if it ever happened in reality, but still.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
04-04-2015, 06:53 AM
Sting and the Warrior would be good

SDB will be back....someday
04-05-2015, 02:14 PM
I have now completed 5 matches, without entrances or post match shenanigans. Here's some more screenshots of the matches I've completed so far.

Barry Windham vs Tito Santana:
[Image: izovpw.jpg]
[Image: 2h86dl0.jpg]
[Image: 2hwfdzp.jpg]

Jimmy Snuka vs The Great Muta:
[Image: jfw7kl.jpg]
[Image: 2zzt376.jpg]

Doom vs Powers of Pain:
[Image: 11qkf3m.jpg]
[Image: 2m2jq5t.jpg]
[Image: x2unhk.jpg]

The Fantastics vs Twin Towers:
[Image: 25zjaz4.jpg]
[Image: 2d1ppvd.jpg]
[Image: mkk8z.jpg]

As you may have noticed, some of the matches have changed from what I originally intended. Some of this is down to not being able to find suitable CAWS, others down to far too much time spent watching late 80s WCW and WWF programming on the WWE Network and picking up on what's going to be possible commentary-wise.

Currently working on The Rockers vs The Rock 'n' Roll Express and the Honky Tonk Man vs A MYSTERY OPPONENT. Those familiar with Summerslam '88 will have a good idea of how that latter match might turn out. The Rockers - Express match is going to open the show and will easily be the hardest match to do outside the 6 man main event. The joys of creating tag matches...
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigD747's post:
Exzle69 (10-02-2015)
05-23-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: WWF/WCW Clash Of The Titans
This all sounds great and can't wait to watch! Will you ever do more classic Raw matches and even full Raws from 93-95?!
05-24-2015, 12:05 AM
Would have loved to have seen something like this during that era! They wouldn't have had an arena big enough to hold an event like this back in those days! Easily would have broken the WMIII attendance record.
05-25-2015, 06:03 AM
This is cool. I like the pics as well.
06-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Rockers vs Rock 'n' Roll Express:

[Image: 34sowld.jpg]
[Image: 2va1u92.jpg]
[Image: 2ui9ah4.jpg]
[Image: 2dt1umx.jpg]

Midnight Express vs The Bushwhackers:

[Image: 16272af.jpg]
[Image: bj7biq.jpg]
[Image: 5tzx4m.jpg]

This has all taken as long as I expected it to... Some matches require fine-tuning and the commentary is proving to be a major headache, even with the WWE Network to help. The plan is to now possibly release the matches in 4 lots of 4-5 bouts and then edit an epic full show at a later date. At this moment in time, I can say with some certainty that if I can nail the Rockers vs RnR Express commentary, it will easily be the best match I've ever done. I'm confident it contains pretty near all the signature spots you'd like to see both teams perform, and is close to the sort of match you'd expect both to have. I hope...

The HTM vs MYSTERY OPPONENT has been put to the side at the moment. Currently working on the Main Event for the 1st round of matches, Mr Perfect vs Ricky Steamboat. Due to the limitations of the match engine in terms of bumping/selling etc, there are certain spots that I've not quite been able to do. Nevertheless, here's two screenshots for what would most definitely have been a 5 star match back in 1989:

[Image: jh4ftc.jpg]
[Image: 2znr1ur.jpg]

Thanks to all for bearing with me.

PS, would love to do full RAWs or other PPVs, it's just finding the time to do them. Am seriously hoping WWE 2K16 includes a replay option as well, so I can then show off matches with the superior Ps4 graphics.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)