Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PC Version officially announced
04-28-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: PC Version officially announced
Thanks for the help and advice guys but...

[Image: computer-says-no.jpg]

Wrestling Legends Figures: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2015, 06:33 PM
Slightly off topic.

LOLs at pic.

You can go back on topic now.

[Image: Nasty_zpsdbf8e457.jpg]
04-28-2015, 06:41 PM
So here is the thing about 2K. They have no adverts or promotion for this release until just now. They are releasing it with free DLC, but commented today that you will only be getting Sting And hogan for now and the rest will be available in the spring of 2015. Something seems off. From what i read with comments going to the developer, He seemed like he didnt really care too much for a pc release and was worried more on the wwe 16 and what they are doing with that, Brushed off comments made about not adding paige to the game. Now dont get me wrong, I'm getting my copy of this as we speak. And i am a big supporter of 2k, But. They drop the ball so much recently. 2K at one time was the pioneering game company for sports. Basketball is still a fav of mine from them and the modding of the basketball games is great. Besides that, They had a great feel for baseball as well, Until they came out with mlb 2k12. The last pc baseball game that really had potential. took them 2 years to release a fix for that bug of not starting up btw. So yeah. They do drop the ball on some titles. Very neurotic in the approach of how they handle themselves and the games they publish, They hope is that wwe 15 is modible. And it should be. That i believe will possibly be the saving grace for the game itself. Let the fans fix whats broken and hopefully get some joy out of it that 2K could do all along and Jeez, it would of been so easy to do so. Well, guys. I hope you will enjoy this game once released and maybe we will have something new to worship for the pc folks lol.

[Image: thewarlock.jpg]
04-28-2015, 08:02 PM
Some early thoughts after booting the game up.
The game has PC graphic options for things like crowd size and of course screen resolution.
I kept everything on max since my PC is almost exactly the recommended requirements.
I can tell very fast this game is straining my PC.Which is fine I can turn some settings down.

My first match was a cpu vs cpu sim match.
Undertaker/Kane vs 91 Sting and Ultimate Warrior.
On the entrances there was zero slowdown until Ultimate Warrior came out and with the wide angle on the crowd and him running fast It stuttering slightly.In the match it seemed fine until the end.
The match ended with a scorpion death lock on Kane and the match started going in almost like slow motion, but not a drop in framerates just the game slowed down for some reason.Another issue I had was during the replay I busted out in laughter cause it showed 4 replays, but zero action.It showed all four wrestlers face down in the ring and everyone in the crowd with the hands out to the side, much like a 3d model's default pose, it showed this 4 times but with a different camera each time, it was pretty funny bug.

No word on the unlocks , but from what theWarlock has said the DLC is coming later.
I am just really happy to load up a PC wrestling game.
I am about to head into the files and check out if I can change anything now.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
04-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Awesome Cattlekiler, I hope you can mess with the files and bring some epicness to it, From my end, No issues yet. But the frame rate does skip a bit on entrances. My buddy who also has the game says he had the same issue as you at the end of his match as well with the reply and crowd deal. Lets hope we dont wait weeks for that bug to get fixed from 2k.... Anywho. Graphic wise. It looks very good. But, we are still limited. 25 slot CAWs, Can't create divas, No importing of music.

[Image: thewarlock.jpg]
04-28-2015, 08:46 PM
OK just by looking at the files quickly I think the game will have mods by the end of the week.The game uses Yukes .pac files which are labeled very straight forward.I am pretty sure there is tools to open/extract and change these files already.The titan trons are just .bk2 bink files and are not even in a .pac file, they are just in a folder.I found some lua code for game controls and wrestling situations , so i think maybe even match options could be adjusted, like for example you can remove all side grapple lock ups.I'm not sure how that would effect the game but nothing gets modded without trying Smile.

[-] The following 1 user Likes cattlekiller's post:
evoman (04-30-2015)
04-28-2015, 11:43 PM
X-Packer can open them You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
04-29-2015, 06:49 AM
RE: PC Version officially announced
(04-28-2015 11:43 PM)kim666 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.X-Packer can open them You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I think tool is awesome and to some it is worth paying for, but charging for a modding tool is a little overboard.
Overall I think it hurts the modding community.You have tons of very creative people that would make mods and offer things like 3d modeling, texture designs, and sound mixers., but most will not pay for a tool that may or may not work for their desired outcome.Most PC modding communities thrive working together, I hope this one can.

04-29-2015, 08:04 AM
There is already a big 360/PS3 modding community and since they have the same file format, the chances are good that we can import there mods.

I think 12 bucks are not much for such a good modding tool like X-Packer. And tekken the x-packer creator gave the right answer here:

04-29-2015, 09:21 AM
I am a bit older and have been modding PC games since windows 95.Looking over the years at all the great modding communities that take those games to a whole other level, like battlefield/warcraft 3/skyrim/sims/total war games I never once had to pay for a modding tool.I also highly think they would not have been so huge with tools that cost money.I respect his choice to say just don't use my tools, and yeah I may end up buying it just to hurry and help progress my own ideas.But looking at the huge overall picture the community grows when everyone's ideas and creativity are used, not just the few who think it is a fair price.

Jokingly looking into the future lets say 5000 people pay for his tool and 4000 of them are fans of the current product and 1000 like classic wrestling and of those 1000 most are major fans of Matt Hardy.Then in 6 months we may have 50 classic wrestling mods and 45 of them are Matt hardy outfits Smile.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)