Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World of sport returning
01-03-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: World of sport returning
How did it do in the ratings. ?

[Image: thewlfsigprojectmisfit8.jpg]
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Only saw intro and part of first match.

Some nostalgic value and 100% could see the nod and the winks for the older fan that remembered the good ole days but....

It just felt all wrong for me. The crowd ALL having foam fingers made it felt like a typical ITV force it down our necks show - Gladiators/anything presented by any and Dec/Uk Ninja etc...

JR superb - other guy... hmmm... could tell he lived wrestling but couldn't buy into him at all and obviously trying to sound like American commentators...

As people have said editing was terrible...

Next..

Grado is amazing and liked him anyway... although pointing out that he is a cheap knock off version of Dusty Rhodes to me was crazy by commentators... really made it feel more like a parody! Them Mastiff comes out with two massive dudes and on mic just sounded ridiculous again was almost parody...

I really fell Grado and Mastiff(not sure on spelling) are both great grapplers but they were killed by editing and commentary that made it feel like a parody of American wrestling....

I'll watch the rest but honestly I think UK can and should do better than this...
01-05-2017, 11:59 PM
(01-04-2017 06:59 PM)stocksy Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Only saw intro and part of first match.

Some nostalgic value and 100% could see the nod and the winks for the older fan that remembered the good ole days but....

It just felt all wrong for me. The crowd ALL having foam fingers made it felt like a typical ITV force it down our necks show - Gladiators/anything presented by any and Dec/Uk Ninja etc...

Well the target audience wasn't just wrestling fans, they were catering to everyone so they needed to make it like that.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HarlotEffect's post:
stocksy (01-06-2017)
01-06-2017, 05:21 PM
(01-05-2017 11:59 PM)HarlotEffect Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(01-04-2017 06:59 PM)stocksy Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Only saw intro and part of first match.

Well the target audience wasn't just wrestling fans, they were catering to everyone so they needed to make it like that.

Maybe.

But without actual wrestling fans buying into it it'll flop.

It looked terrible on TV... people attending love a freebie like a foam finger but it looked shit.

You want the crowd looking like they are watching something they understand. It's why lots of wrestling shows historically have out fake home made looking signs.
01-11-2017, 04:02 PM
World of sport returning
It was a decent show, however due to the ratings it got.
I doubt, we'll be seeing another one in 2017.
01-16-2017, 02:24 PM
World of sport returning
What they could do, apart from releasing that one off special on DVD/Blu Ray. They could do what BBC do with some of their shows, and make it an online show through their ITV player. That would be pretty sweet, but I doubt that would ever happen.

01-16-2017, 03:38 PM
World of sport returning
How bad was the rating then?

[Image: 1t0w2s.jpg]
Signature created by Judders

01-16-2017, 04:53 PM
World of sport returning
I heard it had more viewers than a weekly Raw episode

Wrestling Legends Figures: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Semtex's post:
stocksy (01-23-2017)
01-23-2017, 12:49 PM
World of sport returning
Id be amazed if it didn't get more than Raw to be honest...

Its on ITV and was on prime time, every house in Britain got it (if they have a TV)... People still watch BBC/ITV more than any other channel...

the viewing figures should be solid... you wouldn't get a proper picture until you show it weekly...

That sheep dog celebrity programme got good viewers week 1... lol...
02-12-2017, 10:28 AM
(12-19-2016 03:13 PM)misfit82 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.World of sport is returning to itv on December the 31st.With Jim Ross doing commentary.

Did you see WOS when it originally aired? I remember a few years ago TV Channel Movies & Men were airing episodes.

[Image: HulkHoganSig.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)