Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SMW Power Hour 1/4/92
01-05-2017, 05:30 PM
SMW Power Hour 1/4/92
(SMW IS LIVE IN CIVIC COLISEUM ON KNOXVILLE TENNESSEE)

The show opens up with Vince Russo and Dean Malenko coming to the ring to address what happened at Christmas Chaos.

Russo: Last night at Christmas Chaos, I shocked the world by siding with Dean Malenko. Now that we have aligned, I won't stop until Dean Malenko is the greatest wrestler on the planet. Since RVD failed to win the title for a second time he will not get another rematch.

Enter RVD

RVD: Congrats on the win last night Malenko. You know if I had half a mind I would have thought that you and Russo were in cahoots all along.

Russo Last night Van Dam you lost to the greatest wrestler on the planet, Dean Malenko! So, yeah I screwed you,Its all business. I saw potential in Malenko and I took advantage of that. All you are is some nobody that got fired. So if screwing you was the right thing to do, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

RVD: Russo, SMW is the place for new wrestlers to shine. I'm gonna be big one day and you'll see it. You keep telling me about doing what's right for business and screwing me was the right thing to do. I'll tell you this Russo, you are not the first man named Vince to screw me. And you are not the first Vince to make a mistake by screwing me. If you won't give me a match for the title, well I know someone who's been asking for one.

Enter Dynamite Kid

Kid: I came this close to pinning you last time we were in a ring together Malenko. I know I can pin you now. I have seen you wrestle in Florida while I was in a larger promotion. I saw potential too. I have never had a one on one match against you.

Russo: Dean doesn't want to fig...

Dean interrupts

Malenko: I'll fight you to prove I am the best wrestler on the planet. I'll fight you tonight for the title.

Russo: Dean you don't know what you're doing.

Malenko: It's my belt and I can make my own decisions.

Russo: Alright Dean. Anyways, since I'm a nice person. Rob I'll even let you have a title match right now. Against... VADER!!!

*commercial*

Chavo: Well a very interesting turn of events just took place before the commercial break. Right now the Vader Championship is on the line and I don't know how it's going to work.

Long: Playa, I think this is just a plan to soften up RVD.

Paul E: Who cares? RVD is getting an opportunity for a title here in SMW.

Chavo: We won't stall anymore, here's the match.

MATCH 1: RVD vs VADER (VADER CHAMPIONSHIP)

The match starts with Vader coming up with multiple attacks on RVD but RVD keeps dodging them. RVD catches Vader with a spinning salivate kick. It barely stuns Vader and Vader lays a follow through lariat on RVD. Vader picks up RVD and hits a back suplex. Vader drags RVD and is about to deliver the Vader Bomb but RVD moves out of the way. With Vader lying on his back RVD hits a rolling thunder and goes for the pin. Vader forcefully kicks out tossing RVD to the other side of the ring. Vader picks up RVD and hits a gorilla press. Vader goes for the pin but RVD kicks out at two. RVD goes to the corner but Vader hits a gigantic splash. Vader then hits the Vader Bomb on RVD. Just before Vader pins him, Vader powerbombs him. Vader goes for the pin.

WINNER AND STILL VADER CHAMPION: VADER

*commercial*

Pre-Taped interview with Yoshihiro Tajiri

Paul E: Welcome, I am the greatest manager in wrestling history. Here is my guest, the man who beat Tatsumi Fujinami in 32 seconds, Mr. Yoshihiro Tajiri. Tajiri, how does it feel not only to beat a Japanese wrestling legend in 32 seconds; but to do it in your debut match?

Tajiri: (In rough English) People have been doubting me for a while now. I wanted to shut them up.

Paul E: What was your strategy against Tatsumi Fujinami?

Tajiri: Kick him until he doesn't get up.

Paul E: How would you feel if you were to sign with me to become your new manager? With me I'll make you rise to the top. With my guidance, I can guarantee you a championship within this year.

Tajiri: Deal. I need someone to deal with my other pursuits.

Paul E: This has been the greatest interview in the history of this sport.

*commercial*

Paul E: My new client Yoshihiro Tajiri is going to squash Savio Vega. I'll be right back boys.

Chavo: Tajiri and Vega, NEXT.

MATCH 2: YOSHIHIRO TAJIRI w/ PAUL E. DANGEROUSLY vs SAVIO VEGA

The match starts with Savio Vega trying to takedown Tajiri but Tajiri reverses it into a DDT. Savio Vega gets up and misses a superkick. Tajiri counters with a Buzzsaw kick and goes for the pin.

WINNER: YOSHIHIRO TAJIRI

Paul E. goes to the commentary table

Paul E: WHAT DID I TELL YOU!?!? YOSHIHIRO TAJIRI IS THE NEXT TOP WRESTLER! Now if you excuse me I'll be needed backstage.

Chavo: It appears that Paul E. is heading to the backstage area with Tajiri. Teddy what are your thoughts on Paul E. skipping commentary to be with his client?

Long: Well Playa, a man needs to take care of business but I think something fishy is going on.

Chavo: We'll see about that soon.

*commercial*

Interview with Chris Candido

Interviewer: I am standing next to International Champion Chris Candido who is fresh off beating Jerry Lynn in an exiting encounter at Christmas Chaos. Chris how do you plan on beating whoever your next opponent is for the title.

Chris: I'll tell you what, at Christmas Chaos I shut up all the people who said I couldn't beat Jerry Lynn. Well look who did it! You are looking at the hottest piece of talent today and no one is going to put out the fire that makes my opponents burn!

Enter Paul E.

Paul E: That's right Chris, you are a fire that can't be put out! No one can take that International title away from you. Not Jushin Liger, not Jerry Lynn, not anybody in Smokey Mountain Wrestling can beat you!

Chris: Paul E. if you're trying to sweeten me up its not working. If you want me to be you're client then you're going to have to do more than that!

Paul E: I can promise you another championship. SMW is going to have an eight man tournament to crown the first ever SMW Tag Team Champions.

Chris: It matters though, who would be my partner?

Paul E: Your partner will be Yoshihiro Tajiri.

Chris: Paul E, now you're talking sense. You have a deal.

Paul E: This will be my most Dangerous Alliance.

*commercial*

Chavo: Up next an extraordinary main event. Dynamite Kid vs Dean Malenko for the SMW Championship.

MATCH 3: DYNAMITE KID vs DEAN MALENKO w/ VINCE RUSSO

The match starts with Malenko offering a handshake to Kid. Kid shakes his hand but ducks the lariat Malenko tried to blind side him with. Kid hits a dropkick on Malenko taking him down. Kid picks up Malenko and hits a belly-to-back suplex. Kid goes for the pin but Malenko kicks out at two. Russo distracts Kid giving Malenko enough time to hit an atomic drop. Malenko attempts to lock in the cloverleaf but Kid reverses it. Kid hits a running lariat knocking Malenko on the ground. Kid hits a leg drop on Malenko. Kid puts in a chinlock on Malenko for about two minutes. Malenko reverses the chinlock into a hammerlock. Malenko locks in the cloverleaf. Struggling, Kid reaches and grasps the bottom rope, forcing Malenko to relinquish the hold. As Malenko is arguing with the referee, Vince Russo chokes Kid but Kid knocks him off the apron. Malenko goes for the roll-up but Kid kicks out at two. Malenko hits the leg lariat on Kid and pins him. Once again Kid kicks out at two. Malenko goes for a brain buster but Kid reverses it into a neckbreaker. Kid goes to the top rope about to hit the diving headbutt but Russo holds his leg down. Kid kicks Russo off the apron. This still gives Malenko enough time to go to the top rope and hit a belly-to-belly suplex. Malenko goes for the pin and gets the win.

WINNER AND STILL SMW CHAMPION: DEAN MALENKO

Chavo: An incredible contest ruined by Vince Russo.

Long: If it weren't for Vince Russo, Dynamite Kid would be SMW Champion now Playa.

Chavo: What a disappointing ending to...

Enter Jushin Liger

Chavo: What the heck Jushin Liger is out here.

Long: He looks like he's gonna challenge Malenko playa!

Malenko attempts to hit Liger with the title but misses. Liger hits him with a brainbuster.

Chavo: THE CROWD'S GOING NUTS!!!

Liger picks up the title and holds it in the air; signaling his challenge to the champion.

Chavo: Jushin Liger has come out here to challenge for the SMW championship. What a enduring event that just happened. I'm sorry folks but that's all the time we have. From Paul E. Dangerously and Teddy Long, this has been Smokey Mountain Wrestling!!!
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2017, 05:36 AM
RE: SMW Power Hour 1/4/92
I have to say this SMW is totally removed from the territory one we are more accustomed to. In the real SMW, this active push of the smaller actual wrestlers would not have gotten over at all, but hey, this is promotion wars, so to each his own. The good thing is that the direction and branding of the show is really starting to come into its own. Makes sense for Vader to destroy RVD as the more established star between the two. Tajiri's rise continues, as does Candido, though not sure if it's the best decision to stick them into a tag-team, even if it is Paul E as the mastermind. Malenko gets another one over Dynamite with outside help. Great debut for Jushin.

[Image: pw%20banner_zpszc8xr32p.jpg]
01-06-2017, 06:04 AM
SMW Power Hour 1/4/92
I was thinking on what you guys said about my last card and thought I should allow more character development since most of my guys were established. If SMW makes it past '95 (the year it folded) then I will have to come up with less gimmicky stuff. My plan is to step out of the wrasslin' style Jim Cornette was used to and make my own vision of a wrestling promotion. After all after the 80's most territories started to fade away and I'm planning on when 94/95 passes to step out of the territorial climate and make it a national promotion. After all a promotion being founded in the early '90s getting a star like Vader on their roster seems unrealistic. Plus my booking style is based on Russo's WWF material so that's why I want to step out of the territorial view.

Be sure to look at the next addition of "The Playa Report" to get more information about the tag team title tournament!

[Image: dFue5c.gif]
01-06-2017, 08:33 AM
Yeah, SMW getting Vader is kinda unrealistic. Will be more than happy to trade you for Sam Houston. *evil smirk*

The Playa Report is a very nice touch I have to say.

[Image: pw%20banner_zpszc8xr32p.jpg]
01-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Maybe a name change is in the future as Smoky Mountain really says small, southern rasslin rather than a bigger national promotion.

Not sure if your Knoxville crowd of 1992 would even know who Jushin Liger was, forget about cheering for him.
01-10-2017, 10:16 PM
(01-10-2017 08:49 PM)Caveman_Cooper Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Maybe a name change is in the future as Smoky Mountain really says small, southern rasslin rather than a bigger national promotion.

Not sure if your Knoxville crowd of 1992 would even know who Jushin Liger was, forget about cheering for him.

Is it even possible to change the name? I know for a fact that they wouldn't know who he is. Maybe I should make SMW a more national promotion.

01-11-2017, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 03:48 AM by Perfectly Straightedge.)
SMW Power Hour 1/4/92
If you are a looking for a more National scale just take over the USWA. So that way you would have a more national sounding name
01-12-2017, 01:29 AM
(01-11-2017 01:02 AM)Perfectly Straightedge Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.If you are a looking for a more National scale just take over the USWA. So that way you would have a more national sounding name

I actually kind of like that idea. I was doing research a month ago actually on USWA and SMW. The two promotions shared some territory and actually SMW's last world title match was held at USWA. I actually made a map of their territories.
[Image: 1fqyk3.jpg]

I actually really wanted to make a thread that marked all of our territories.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)