Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Atomic Wrestling TV 002
12-30-2016, 07:40 AM
Atomic Wrestling TV 002
[Image: CMBC_logo_SM.jpg]

Voiceover: You are watching Baltimore City's Channel 75. In the 10:30 timeslot, the Gonzo Sports Show, followed by Baltimore, Too at 11:00 but up next, Atomic Wrestling ...

[Image: AW_Logo2.png]
Atomic Wrestling
Episode 001
Taped Monday, December 26th, 1991
Shown Friday, December 29th, 1991
Baltimore, Maryland

[Image: audience_SM.png]

We get a quick pan of the studio audience while in the background, we hear air raid sirens followed by the sound of a bomb falling, then the sound of a large explosion. As that ends, the camera settles in on our hosts.

[Image: Scott_Huffines.jpg]
Scott Huffines

Scott Huffines: Welcome once again to Atomic Wrestling! Scotty H here and joining me in the broadcast position, as always the distinguised Cosmic Commander. Big show today and last one of the year as we head into 1992!

[Image: image.jpg]
Cosmic Commander

Cosmic Commander: 1992 daddy-o is right around the corner but before we get there, we have to get through these 30 minutes of controlled chaos. What's on track for tonight, Jack?

Scott Huffines: Tonight, it is the big man, Mean Mark Mest looking to send a little message to everyone here that even though he was the second man eliminated last week, he is not one to be taken lightly.

Cosmic Commander: You said a mouthful there because I don't think "lightly" is in that big boy's vocabulary, if you know what I'm sayin'.

Scott Huffines: The object of his affection? One Thomas Knight, the first man eliminated last week ... all 5'6" and 167 pounds of him.

Cosmic Commander: Hooooo boy ... I think you weight in more than Thomas Knight, Jack.

Scott Huffines: I'd have to agree with you there CC but right now, we have to take a little break. We'll be right back!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x BREAK x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Voiceover: You are watching Atomic Wresting on Baltimore City's Channel 75 Public Access TV, brought to you in part by Atomic Books

[Image: AtomicSM.jpg]

Atomic Books, bringing literary finds to mutated minds. Find them at 229 West Read Street in Baltimore.

At 10:30, the Gonzo Sports Show, followed by Baltimore, Too at 11:00.

We return from the break to find the diminutive Sarah standing by with Don E. Allen.

[Image: Sarah_Boonstoppel.jpg][Image: doneallen_SM.jpg]

Sarah : The AtomicGirl Sarah here with Don E. Allen. Last week, you were one of the last two in the Battle Royale along with Axl Rotten. You have something to say about how the match ended ...

Don E. Allen: Do I have something to say? You bet I do ... GIVE ME MY TITLE!

Sarah: Excuse me?

Don E. Allen: You heard me and before I am through, everyone in this place is going to hear me. I'm the rightful champion! The rules of the match very clearly state, the only to win and I stress, THE ONLY way to win is to send your opponent over the top rope and instead of doing that ... HE PINNED ME!

Sarah: And he threw you out after being reminded of the rules of the match!

Don E. Allen: HA! Exactly! AFTER THE FACT! The match should have been over and the belt awarded to me!

Sarah: Not sure I understand the logic there but this is Sarah, the AtomicGril signing off and sending it back to you guys!

We return to Scotty and CC in the broadcast position.

Scott Huffines: I am sure we haven't heard the last of this by a longshot but right now, let's head to the ring for our first match!

Mean Mark Mest versus Thomas Knight w/Jeff Knight
The big man Mest awaits in his corner while the Knight brothers make their way to the ring. With the bell, the tiny Thomas Knight goes on the attack to no avail. Mest looks bored before nearly decapitating Knight with a stiff looking clothesline. Whip across the ring and Knight comes flying back ... right into Mest's Standing Belly Buck! Knight hits the "wall" before hitting the mat. Yawning, Mest falls forward, right on top of Knight for the three count. This one is over in a hurry.

Scott Huffines: If Mean Mark Mest was trying to send a message, I think he just did. The big man with some redemption here with the quick victory over Thomas Knight who needs to be peeled off of the canvas.

Cosmic Commander: You can say that again, Jack!

After the Knights and Mest both leave the ring area, we get music ...

Out from the back and dancing his way to the ring ...

[Image: Brown_SM.jpg]

Scott Huffines: THERE'S THE MUSIC! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

Cosmic Commander: Uhm ... no?

Scott Huffines: That's Boogie Woogie Brown! C'mon CC, work with me here.

Brown dances to the ring, dances inside the ring, then dances his way out of the ring and into the back.

Scott Huffines: Ah yeah! Boogie Woogie Brown! We have to break away from the action for a moment but we'll be right back! Don't go away!

Voiceover: You are watching Atomic Wresting on Baltimore City's Channel 75 Public Access TV, brought to you in part by Atomic Books

[Image: AtomicSM.jpg]

Atomic Books, bringing literary finds to mutated minds. Find them at 229 West Read Street in Baltimore.

At 10:30, the Gonzo Sports Show, followed by Baltimore, Too at 11:00.

We return to find Sarah with Mean Mark Mest.

[Image: Sarah_Boonstoppel.jpg][Image: markmest.jpg]

Sarah: The AtomicGirl with Mean Mark Mest. Mark, a much different outcome than last week's showing.

Mark Mest: Last week was a fluke when I was eliminated but if I have to go through the roster from bottom to top, that's exactly what I'll do until the Atomic belt is around my waist!

Sarah: You heard it here guys, back to you!

Scott Huffines: Thank you Sarah. Welcome back to the action. Mark Mest, a man of few words but with a goal in mind. CC, do you think he can get that belt around his waist?

Cosmic Commander: I guess that is something we may find out if the big guy continues to do what he did here tonight.

Scott Huffines: Moving on, we come to our main event with the Atomic Champion in non-title action as Axl Rotten takes on B-Mo! Let's go to the ring

Non-Title Match: Axl Rotten [C] versus B-Mo
Positive response for the cham as he makes his way to the ring while there is a mixed reaction to the masked B-Mo, decked out in his Baltimore Colts jersey.

Scott Huffines: Non-title action here.

After locking up, Axl walks B-Mo into the ropes before cleanly breaking. They do it again and Axl wit hthe clean break. A quick handshake before locking up again. With great effort B-Mo walks Axl into the ropes and breaks cleanly. One more time and this time, on the break B-Mo hits with a loud chop. Irish whip and a reverse, B-Mo hits the far side before coming back and being dumped on the canvas with a deep armdrag.

Scott Huffines: Axl looks a big miffed here.

Cosmic Commander: Can't blame the guy, Jack! He breaks cleanly and B-Mo doesn't ... there's gonna be some payback.

Scott Huffines: OUCH! THAT HAD TO HURT! What was that Commander?

Cosmic Commander: Shortarm Clothesline.

Axl works the arm, twisting and turning it before showing his strength and locking on an elevated hammerlock that has B-Mo crying out in pain.

Scott Huffines: Axl with another armdrag ... hey, I know what that one is!

Cosmic Commander: Axl Rotten continues to punish the arm with a handstand knee drop. Now tying up that arm with a stepover armlock.

B-Mo is able to make the ropes to force a break and takes a powder from the ring to try and get circulation back in the appendage.

Scott Huffines: A little break here by B-Mo ... no rest for the weary, eh, CC?

Cosmic Commander: You have to keep an eye on your opponent at all times, even if he's in the ring and you are not. Axl Rotten ain't the champ for nothin'. This guy knows what he's doing.

Scott Huffines: B-Mo into the guard rail ... HARD. Action back in the ring now.

Cosmic Commander: Rotten means business. Big back body drop. Imagine yourself sent six or seven feet in the air only to land hard on the canvas. That' knock the wind out of you.

Scott Huffines: Several right hands to soften up an already soft opponent. Weak punch thrown by the masked man who is spun to the mat before being locked up in a figure four armlock.

Cosmic Commander: Now,that's gotta hurt, Daddy-o.

It's fast, it's furious and in now time flat with a little pressure applied by Axl Rotten, this one is over as B-Mo submits.

Scott Huffines: B-Mo cries uncle and this one is over as Axl Rotten picks up the victory by submission. What was that again?

Cosmic Commander: A figure four armlock. Axl Rotten worked that arm and worked it good, setting up for that submission win.

Scott Huffines: A big win here for Axl Rotten as he gets the nod over B-Mo with a figure four armlock. That's all the time we have this week for Atomic Wrestling. For the Cosmic Commander and the AtomicGirl Sarah, this is Scotty Huffines signing off. We'll see you again next week for more wrestling action ... in 1992! Have a safe and happy new year!
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2016, 12:35 PM
RE: Atomic Wrestling TV 002
Great follow on card to the first one. Always love how you portray Don E Allen. Was expecting maybe some outside interference or distraction from the Knights, but Tommy boy got squashed literally. So Boogie Woogie just shows up and dances, then leaves? No surprise over Axl Rotten's win, but he really had to work for it. Interesting choice of finisher for someone better known for his hardcore endeavours.

[Image: pw%20banner_zpszc8xr32p.jpg]
12-30-2016, 02:14 PM
RE: Atomic Wrestling TV 002
Right now, Boogie Woogie Brown is our version of Gene Gene, the Dancing Machine of the Gong Show fame. Will he be getting some ring action? I think that is an eventuality.

I had read something about Axl having been a decent worker earlier in his career before making his mark in ECW with the hardcore stuff. Not going to give him any 5 star matches but I think keeping things simple (here, working an arm the entire time) I can give Axl a slightly different look inside the ring.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)