Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hall of Fame DLC! DDP's hair finally looks right! Sting has his rat tail! PC version!
02-13-2017, 03:10 PM
Hall of Fame DLC!
(02-13-2017 01:55 PM)dely316 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I'm starting to think that some of the music for entrances isn't what we really hear. On a couple of the videos, Kerry Von Erich has his Texas Tornado theme, and another has him coming out to something different. Same with Bret Hart. It's the PC that these are from, so could be different on PS4 and XB1

Those are the themes that are in the game. Youtube just mutes them down because of copyrights. Bret Hart's theme isn't his real WCW theme.
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2017, 05:34 PM
RE: Hall of Fame DLC!
(02-13-2017 03:10 PM)hovathagod32 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(02-13-2017 01:55 PM)dely316 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I'm starting to think that some of the music for entrances isn't what we really hear. On a couple of the videos, Kerry Von Erich has his Texas Tornado theme, and another has him coming out to something different. Same with Bret Hart. It's the PC that these are from, so could be different on PS4 and XB1

Those are the themes that are in the game. Youtube just mutes them down because of copyrights. Bret Hart's theme isn't his real WCW theme.

I remember years ago buying the bret hart wrestling with shadows album and they had Brets wcw theme on it.

[Image: HulkHoganSig.jpg]
02-15-2017, 12:42 AM
Hall of Fame DLC! DDP's hair finally looks right! Sting has his rat tail! PC version!
so when is the release ? this shoulda been day one...making everyone wait for this stuff....

[Image: fxImqAb.gif]

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
02-15-2017, 10:07 AM
Hall of Fame DLC!
(02-15-2017 12:42 AM)StormsWarning Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.so when is the release ? this shoulda been day one...making everyone wait for this stuff....

Its funny how people say Legends dont sell but 2K always made us wait for the big legend packs last which obviously shows people want them more.

Yeah it should be out by now.

02-16-2017, 04:30 AM
(02-15-2017 10:07 AM)steven1977 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(02-15-2017 12:42 AM)StormsWarning Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.so when is the release ? this shoulda been day one...making everyone wait for this stuff....

Its funny how people say Legends dont sell but 2K always made us wait for the big legend packs last which obviously shows people want them more.

so true. that's those idiotic 2k current roster fanboys that kept saying that. the indie people are the worst.

FACT: i love both current wwe and retro but if it wasn't for the divas fans throwing a pitch over the 4 hw in 2k16 i bet none of our legends would have been removed.

[Image: w83k8i.jpg]

02-17-2017, 02:39 AM
(02-16-2017 04:30 AM)jaispeed2015 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(02-15-2017 10:07 AM)steven1977 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

so true. that's those idiotic 2k current roster fanboys that kept saying that. the indie people are the worst.

FACT: i love both current wwe and retro but if it wasn't for the divas fans throwing a pitch over the 4 hw in 2k16 i bet none of our legends would have been removed.
Not really. There isn't a limit on roster size, the gals are under contract and were given permission to be in the game this year (unlike last), Legends however cost extra money be it WWE or from 2K's pockets, and then they have to be cleared by WWE to be in the game. Lapsed contracts and relationship breakdowns are what keeps whoever out of the mix, and given we're in the social media age where people can't seem to keep their mouth shut (looking at you Jannetty), we're lucky we got as many Legends as we have in the last two years. Luckily the creation suite is so good it doesn't really matter anymore beyond animations as the community has picked up the slack for old school fans.

Regarding the female superstars, had they sold them separately as DLC (which would've been low as hell) they would've sold quite well as there is now a tremendous interest in women's wrestling. I've honestly used Asuka more than anyone on the current roster thus far in 2K17, and an updated Charlotte is a big draw for me buying this year's game.
02-17-2017, 07:39 AM
Not that it'll do any good necessarily, but in the feedback thread on the 2K forums, I requested to be able to change wrestlers' hairstyles in future games. We could do so much more. Lots of people give possible reasons why we can't, but 2K never has.
02-17-2017, 05:14 PM
(02-17-2017 07:39 AM)IconSting77 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Not that it'll do any good necessarily, but in the feedback thread on the 2K forums, I requested to be able to change wrestlers' hairstyles in future games. We could do so much more. Lots of people give possible reasons why we can't, but 2K never has.

very true. i think the last time we got a reason was with 2k14 and the reason was wwe didn't allow it. but that was also before we got the option to fully change every single character on the roster's attire. and i'm not talking about last gen superstar heads. so we have gotten a big win the last 3 games. hopefully we do get the option. being able to dye hair and beards on in-game models has been another win for us creations wise as well.

02-17-2017, 05:23 PM
(02-17-2017 02:39 AM)Shiftygism Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(02-16-2017 04:30 AM)jaispeed2015 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Not really. There isn't a limit on roster size, the gals are under contract and were given permission to be in the game this year (unlike last), Legends however cost extra money be it WWE or from 2K's pockets, and then they have to be cleared by WWE to be in the game. Lapsed contracts and relationship breakdowns are what keeps whoever out of the mix, and given we're in the social media age where people can't seem to keep their mouth shut (looking at you Jannetty), we're lucky we got as many Legends as we have in the last two years. Luckily the creation suite is so good it doesn't really matter anymore beyond animations as the community has picked up the slack for old school fans.

Regarding the female superstars, had they sold them separately as DLC (which would've been low as hell) they would've sold quite well as there is now a tremendous interest in women's wrestling. I've honestly used Asuka more than anyone on the current roster thus far in 2K17, and an updated Charlotte is a big draw for me buying this year's game.

actually i have nothing against them. but i know that WWE has the final say so on roster. but i also knoiw how those 2k divas fans threw a huge tantrum when there were all these legends and Charlotte, Alexa, Becky, Sasha and Bayley were omitted. i saw it and i went thru that drama on that forum as well as twitter (i was helping coordinate wishlists with Marcus Stephenson around the time 2k16 was announced and they were the highest requested additions but they seriously threw tantrums when they weren't included, all because they saw a Charlotte T-Shirt in the crowd and just automatically assumed that Charlotte and the rest would be insured in.

I used Asuka at first but since i really don't have a strong NXT Women's division anymore (after doing the SDL/Raw Brand Splits) Asuka has just held on the title. I do have Ember Moon, Billie Kay etc but it's just not that strong.

Like i said i'm not against them at all because i do use them a great lot but I just don't see Harlem Heat, Regal, and Finlay being removed for no reason especailly since all of them still have legends contracts with merchandising rights, as well as x-pac. I mean x-pac's victory is still in the game but not his entrance. same with Booker's HH singles entrance. The least they could have done was leave all those entrances in. I think that's what pissed me off the most.

Hey-Ho though hopefully the roster gets better but i'm not really hyped for 2k18 especially if end up sacraficing al the legends we have for the UK Tourney or CWC/205 Live People. I know there aren's specific amounts of slots that's why i'm for duplicates and not against them. My thing though is (and this i've only seen on smacktalks, the 2k forums and caws.ws) people kept saying Legends were a waste of space, they needed to be removed, showcase needed to be removed cause it was boring and pointless. and i still stand by the fact that withiout showcase we do not get that much legendary content as we would if we had a showcase mode. My Career is the mode i wish they'd just either reinvent or get rid of. it's beyond pointless and imo holds no merit or value for any type of replay.

02-17-2017, 07:16 PM

Even going back to 2K14 you always had the best ones saved for last. Im sure 2K could easily put the HOF ones first if they wanted but the buzz seems to get high. Im suprised they even bother with a current roster pack as its generally quiet when these get released.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)