Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Undertaker retirement
04-10-2017, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2017 01:07 AM by jbl328.)
Undertaker retirement
@Kraditation and next year, it looks like WWE is going to have Reigns vs Lesnar as the main event for a 2nd time at Wrestlemania. I could careless about that match personally, especially since these 2 already fought at WM31. Not sure what they're going to do with this. Would be cool to see Taker make some sort of ghostly appearance during or after the match(maybe to congratulate the winner) but I doubt this will happen

Back on topic, only thing I truly look forward to in terms of WM34 is Undertaker's Hall of Fame Induction and a FULL career showcase on him. And since Undertaker did close out the press conference for that event in which his last words were "Let the good times roll", it only makes sense for WWE/2K to go ahead and make this happen. Even the WM34 logo has that Undertaker feel to it with the purple coloring: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2017, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2017 06:23 PM by KRadiation.)
Undertaker retirement
Yeah they've made massive grounds in recent years on the opponents takers faced at mania. Most now have legend deals so it's very possible they could do it justice.

Nathan Jones could be a problem for his match against st Albert and big show.

And cm punk is probably a huge no go.

[Image: 1t0w2s.jpg]
Signature created by Judders

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
04-10-2017, 06:45 PM
RE: Undertaker retirement
(04-10-2017 06:19 PM)KRadiation Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Yeah they've made massive grounds in recent years on the opponents takers faced at mania. Most now have legend deals so it's very possible they could do it justice.

Nathan Jones never actually made it to that match if you remember correctly. It was a handicap match.

Jimmy Snuka possibly a problem due to the murder case at the end of his life. Also I think King Kong Bundy is in that concussion lawsuit - WWE probably aren't allowing anything with those guys.

Wrestling Legends Figures: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
04-10-2017, 08:17 PM
(04-10-2017 06:19 PM)KRadiation Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Yeah they've made massive grounds in recent years on the opponents takers faced at mania. Most now have legend deals so it's very possible they could do it justice.

Oh, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. When I said showcase, I meant one that covers his entire career, at least the most significant moments of it including memorable rivalries with the likes of Edge, Shawn Michaels, Mankind, Goldust, Yokozuna, Hogan, Diesel, Bret Hart, The Million Dollar Corporation, The Rock, Stone Cold, Sycho Sid, Vader, Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, Triple, Brock Lesnar, Kane, Batista and King Mabel

I wouldn't be too fond of a showcase that only covers Taker's WMania matches cause there are a number of them I really wouldn't care for(ie Giant Gonzalez, Bossman, Albert & Big Show, Ric Flair, WM30, WM31, WM32, WM33)
04-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Undertaker retirement
I imagine it's easier for them to just do the hall of fame showcases now rather than a specific wrestlers career.

But... their plan last year was for a brock lesnar showcase but they couldn't due to licenses like hogan and Kurt angle and we are one step closer to that now plus they probably started work already so can just continue that.

[Image: 1t0w2s.jpg]
Signature created by Judders

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KRadiation's post:
jbl328 (04-11-2017)
04-18-2017, 02:53 PM
Undertaker retirement
As much as I love Taker, I think the plan for Brock beating the streak was to set up his dominance for a year only for Reigns to defeat him. When Vince realized the crowd was gonna crap on his superhero, he waivered on it. That's why the decision looks worse than it really is. Had they gone through with it, and Reigns was over with the crowd he'd be the next big star. The problem is they've been booking Reigns completely terrible, which causes the smarky fans to backlash. We're in a different time to be accepting bs for what it is. Reigns ending Taker's career would've meant so much more if he would be the nonchalant douche and turn heel. That would set up for a huge babyface turn if executed correctly. Then you'd have the face for your company as you originally wanted. Instead, you have an unwanted good guy and a streak that was conquered for absolutely nothing.

TRUST ME!!!![Image: hqdefault.jpg]
04-18-2017, 03:09 PM
Undertaker retirement
There are no more good guys/girls or bad guys/girls. Everyone just has their favorites, now.
04-26-2017, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2017 08:25 PM by EvilMeanie.)
Undertaker retirement
Was glad he finally called it quits. Probably about two years late, but a career well done, and no telling what kind of paydays he was getting for wrestling the handful of post-Mania 30 matches he did.

Mania will be really different without Taker's presence. I imagine I'll find myself missing him the most right around the time the Mania build kicks into full-swing after so many years of Mania being the time you guaranteed to have the Deadman show up.

In regards to the streak, I was glad it was broken. There's so much more to The Undertaker than Wrestlemania matches. A lot of his best feuds (Hogan, Warrior, Yoko, Mankind, Austin, Rock) never made Mania, and a lot of his best moments happened outside of that show.

Regardless of how one feels about Brock, I don't think his win was a bad move at all. Nice way to kick off the Network-era and led pretty smoothly to Brock's current routine of dominance. But, neither here nor there now. It's done, Taker's home, and the wrestling world will continue to spin.
05-03-2017, 10:31 PM
They should never have ended the streak. Was a big pointless mistake and they certainly shouldn't have let Roman beat him. It really baffles me how they don't see how they feed the Roman hate machine. Reigns beating taker in his last match was just fuel on the fire.

Don't see how you could criticise him for having to try and make big stiff lumps look good in a match. Making chicken salad as they say.

My first live ppv i watched on TV was survivor series 1990, the previous were borrowed vhs tapes, so it really was an end of an era for me. He had been the one constant throughout. I think he should have retired after the second HHH match though as what a match to go out on with HBK and HHH all standing at the top of the ramp getting that ovation from the love audience then getting that reaction as they walked back through gorilla
[-] The following 1 user Likes Red16's post:
dely316 (05-03-2017)
05-03-2017, 11:44 PM
Undertaker retirement
I, as a fan, feel that he should have been the one guy who never got beat at Wrestlemania. A lot of the other wrestlers (Batista, Stone Cold, just to name a couple), have also said that he should have been given that as part of his legacy.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)