Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Servers going down on May 31st
05-30-2017, 08:18 AM
Looks like the the servers are being taken down on a two year old game.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2017, 08:59 AM
RE: Servers going down on May 31st
(05-30-2017 08:18 AM)Awesomekev33 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Looks like the the servers are being taken down on a two year old game.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

you must be new or something. this happens every other year for the previous iteration of the series.
06-05-2017, 03:13 PM
I was just letting everyone know if they didn't know already and I guess I am a little salty about the fact they are closing the servers. I mean I can still play call of duty 2 on my xbox one online so it kinda pisses me off that 2k is still closing servers of a 2 year old game. Know what im saying it kinda sucks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Awesomekev33's post:
stocksy (06-26-2017)
06-06-2017, 09:20 AM
I think it's their way of preventing used sales. Because when you buy a game used from ebay or amazon or whatever, 2K doesn't get a cut of that. So if they shut down the servers, less people will buy the used games because what's the point if you can't download creations online. I'm guessing.

[Image: 33jr82f.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes WrestleFest's post:
KRadiation (06-06-2017)
06-07-2017, 04:44 AM
To be fair, forcing people to upgrade to 2K17 isn't such a bad thing as it plays soooo much better. I bought an external hard drive recently and installed all my stuff on it and went back to 2K16 for a bit, it's really amazing how much better the matches flow this year thanks to all the work they put into transitional animations and reversals, there's a lot less moments of having your character weirdly stand still because there was nothing to link move A to B.
06-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Well I can see the reason behind it from a business stand point. But as a customer I just feel it's bad for us. 2k18 will be out in 4 months I am assuming that is the reason.
06-12-2017, 10:48 PM
I'm hoping so
06-26-2017, 11:58 AM
I think its very bad form that servers are taken off so quickly, after 2k18 comes out... 2 titles later.. yes... but not whilst only one is out...

especially as barely any other games do it this quick... NCAA 14... I went on that a few months back and community rosters were still up... like someone else has said COD servers stay online more than just 2 years.

Going forward games companies should be leaving servers up longer/indefinite not shorter, some games now you cant play once servers are taken offline.
[-] The following 2 users Like stocksy's post:
jbl328 (07-15-2017), mlindsay76 (07-20-2017)
07-15-2017, 11:24 PM
^^^Another reason why I'm switching^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes jbl328's post:
mlindsay76 (07-20-2017)
07-20-2017, 12:49 AM
(06-26-2017 11:58 AM)stocksy Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I think its very bad form that servers are taken off so quickly, after 2k18 comes out... 2 titles later.. yes... but not whilst only one is out...

especially as barely any other games do it this quick... NCAA 14... I went on that a few months back and community rosters were still up... like someone else has said COD servers stay online more than just 2 years.

Going forward games companies should be leaving servers up longer/indefinite not shorter, some games now you cant play once servers are taken offline.

Yeah it bugs me too when they do this. I mean you can still buy the games off the store so they still make money off the old games but a shame you cant get any online achievements.

[Image: HulkHoganSig.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)