Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WWE 2k18 for Nintendo Switch confirmed!
07-17-2017, 02:50 AM
I agree you kinda have to have switch and either xbox one or ps4 if you don't want to miss out on any games. But the switch is very convenient that is for sure.I take it to work lol can't take my ps4 to work that's for sure.
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Awesomekev33's post:
cdiebold1 (07-17-2017)
07-17-2017, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 04:36 AM by jbl328.)
RE: WWE 2k18 for Nintendo Switch confirmed!
(07-16-2017 11:36 PM)cdiebold1 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I get what you're saying, man. I was just telling my wife the other day how much of a chore gaming has become because of the constant updates, load times, waiting hours to install a game I want to play and how much I miss the blow-plug-play of yesteryear.

My fear for you though is that you go all in on the Switch and then 2K18 is missing features for you or the creation suite is barebones or it simply doesn't offer the options that XBox or Playstation inevitably will (as far as creation submissions). Don't wanna see ya bummed out or spending double the money in case you cave and come back to the Playstation.

Hopefully 3rd party devs decide to do something wrestling related though. You might luck out and get a Global Force game (but probably not annnnnnytime soon) - either that or a Fire Pro World port. There are several games for Switch that are coming out that are tempting me to get it. Not to replace my PS but just to have it as well.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I called my local Gamestop today to see how much $$$ I could get for my 500gb PS4(less than 11 months old) with WWE 2K17, Mafia III(which I never opened; still has the plastic on it), and Uncharted 4. All 3 games in great condition since I rarely played 2 of them and never even touched Mafia III. Gamestop was closed when I called but I'll definitely call them again tomorrow.

I also understand your concerns, cdiebold1. I know it MIGHT be risky to jump ship so quickly but at this point what do I really have to lose, considering the garbage 2K continues to spew out year after year and my lack of interest in PS4 games?

The ONLY thing that would convince me to stick with PS4 is if 1) Sony gave us back the ability to add custom music(which isn't gonna happen anytime soon) and 2) 2K gave us a HUGE showcase mode that rivals Stone Cold's showcase, 30 years of Wrestlemania and WWE 13's attitude era mode. 3) That showcase mode has to either be 40+ matches of The Undertaker's entire career, 30 years of Summerslam, 30 years of Survivor Series OR a WWF New Generation Showcase. 4) Get rid of those dumbass download limits!!!!

So far, they haven't announced any of the above. Therefore, I'm sticking to my guns......Pretty sick of 2K's marketing strategy too
[-] The following 1 user Likes jbl328's post:
cdiebold1 (07-17-2017)
07-17-2017, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 06:30 AM by cdiebold1.)
Yeah, I'm not too keen on the hush hush until 2 weeks before the game comes out after they've pushed and pushed and pushed for pre-orders and exclusives, $100 + editions that in the past actually didn't include 100% of the DLC if I remember correctly. Sucks that there aren't any options in the way of wrestling. I wish someone could convince WWE not to have exclusive rights contracts with 2K and/or someone could convince AKI to come back to wrestling. Alas, it is what it is. If I wind up getting a Switch near the end of the year, I'll let you know. We'll have to find something to play together. My oldest daughter won't shut up about that damn Zelda game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cdiebold1's post:
jbl328 (07-17-2017)
07-17-2017, 02:36 PM
@cdiebold1 LMAO! about your daughter but that is another good reason to get the Switch. And I'll also let you know when I get mines. I was actually thinking to trade my PS4, 3 games then pay a MUCH lesser price for the Switch. Haven't fully decided yet.....gonna call my local Gamestop in about 1 hr 25 mins!

Thank you for awesome conversations, suggestions & feedbackSmiling
[-] The following 1 user Likes jbl328's post:
cdiebold1 (07-17-2017)
07-17-2017, 02:55 PM
JBL if you pick up a switch it comes with 2 controllers but you might want a pro controller for when your using it on tv. It's pretty comfortable and the battery lasts forever!! not like the ps4 controller. Splatoon 2 comes out on the 21st if you like shooting games where ppl don't curse at you because nintendo is behind the times when it comes to voice chat which isn't a bad thing to me. because i have injustice 2 and I get cursed out and called names on the regular because I beat somebody. I don't even play with a headset on and as far as I know there is no way to turn it off in settings. So I have to turn my tv all the way down I can't have my 4 year old hear that. I have been called every name in the book while playing that game. I should record it and post it on youtube its ridiculous.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Awesomekev33's post:
cdiebold1 (07-17-2017)
07-17-2017, 03:20 PM
I was looking at a pro pad but I ended up finding that the pad that the joycons slide into that you get with the console felt alright so I've been happy using that.

[Image: 1t0w2s.jpg]
Signature created by Judders

07-17-2017, 03:26 PM
Yeah that works also I forgot about that , and that saves some cash as well. But I do like the pro. so krad you thinking about getting 2k18 on the switch? I know i'm taking a wait and see approach.
07-17-2017, 04:17 PM
I'm gonna see what it's like. I suspect it will be what used to be the ps3/360 versions with some extra spot and polish. It'll look better but not the same as ps4/xb1.
The other worry is... will it have all the features. 8 men in the ring at once etc.

I'm massively interested in fire pro on switch though. That is a perfect match.

[Image: 1t0w2s.jpg]
Signature created by Judders

[-] The following 2 users Like KRadiation's post:
Awesomekev33 (07-17-2017), cdiebold1 (07-17-2017)
07-17-2017, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2017 07:01 PM by EvilMeanie.)
I've got high hopes for 2K18 on The Switch because I know that Nintendo is going to want it to be special in some way. My foolish, never in a million years gonna happen, no way, no how dream is that Switch 2k18 will be the equivalent of No Mercy 2k18, but I know, I know. A man can dream, though.

I'm not sure how widespread Switch use is just yet, but I'm sure that, if they've got CC servers, it'll probably be a barren wasteland compared to what you see on the PS4 and XBox 1 sides. The WWE series will need to establish itself as viable on that system before it draws folks in. On my end, though, I've finally hit a point where the bulk of the guys I've *got* to have in-game are usually there, and the addition of being able to edit the in-game wrestler attires really opened me up to a whole new world where I could put jeans and an nWo shirt on a Kevin Nash model without having to downgrade to a made-from-scratch Nash CAW.

So I've got high hopes that this will be something cool. Of course, I've got high hopes for the Switch, in general. A year from now, this experiment may have amounted to nothing. But it's my sincere hope that I'm sitting in the office playing a Hogan/Savage/Nash/Hall vs Hart/Michaels/Austin/Taker Survivor Series main event when I'm supposed to be working this fall.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EvilMeanie's post:
cdiebold1 (07-17-2017)
07-17-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: WWE 2k18 for Nintendo Switch confirmed!
(07-17-2017 02:55 PM)Awesomekev33 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.JBL if you pick up a switch it comes with 2 controllers but you might want a pro controller for when your using it on tv. It's pretty comfortable and the battery lasts forever!! not like the ps4 controller. Splatoon 2 comes out on the 21st if you like shooting games where ppl don't curse at you because nintendo is behind the times when it comes to voice chat which isn't a bad thing to me. because i have injustice 2 and I get cursed out and called names on the regular because I beat somebody. I don't even play with a headset on and as far as I know there is no way to turn it off in settings. So I have to turn my tv all the way down I can't have my 4 year old hear that. I have been called every name in the book while playing that game. I should record it and post it on youtube its ridiculous.

I avoid online multiplayer like a plague unless it's someone I know for just that reason. Last MP game I played was COD:Black Ops 2 on the PS3 and not even 10 minutes into the game, people dropping racist slurs and cussing each other out and my wife and kids come walking into the room ... I'm like, nope, done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cdiebold1's post:
IconSting77 (09-16-2017)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)