Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
State of Sprite Rips
09-11-2017, 07:04 AM
State of Sprite Rips
I will setup a google drive folder for all that are working on this. Please PM me your email if I don't already have it. I spent the last few hours cleaning up Mr Perfect into a well organized photoshop file. Let me know if any of you don't have photoshop and I can just save it as one PNG sprite sheet. I would prefer Photoshop as it gives us both the full sprite sheet and the individual layers. But I can always separate it out after the fact.

I think I have a little more time tomorrow to add a little bit more to Mr Perfect, but will post what I have tomorrow night as is. There are already more than 100 sprites in the file.

We're gonna bury every gerbil faced geek we face! Yeahhhhh!!!!
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes JaketheSnake's post:
ronaldrain (09-15-2017)
09-12-2017, 08:17 AM
State of Sprite Rips
Yeah almost done with Jake and it's over 200 sprites looking like a full sheet is gonna be 300 sprites.

09-12-2017, 01:57 PM
State of Sprite Rips
Yeah, they are pretty big. I am almost done everything on Perfect except his selling animations. But once I am done his movement and moves I will post the google drive.

09-14-2017, 05:35 AM
State of Sprite Rips
Sorry guys, busy few days at work and have not been able to finish up Mr Perfect. I hope to tomorrow. But I also have a full set of Hulk Hogan sprites as well. I just want to organize those in photoshop too. And Hogan has all the selling animations as well.

So bare with me another day or two.

09-15-2017, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2017 04:12 AM by JaketheSnake.)
State of Sprite Rips
DeanJo2000 and Tibbo now have access to the Mr Perfect PSD and PNG files via Google Drive. I believe DeanJo will be continuing with Bret Hart and I have asked Tibbo to work on Ricky Steamboat. RonaldRain is finishing ripping jake and I am finishing the selling animations on Mr Perfect. I have to organize the Hulk Sprites but then they will be done and Wade is also ripping Sgt Slaughter now.

So sprites are moving along nicely!!!!!

One other thing very important for any would be editors. A lot of the sprites are duplicated in the animations. But we included them in the sprite sheet to keep the animations well organized.

Also, a couple of the moves have opponents body parts in them. This is how the original game handled them. I am going to change that in the new engine.

[-] The following 1 user Likes JaketheSnake's post:
ronaldrain (09-15-2017)
09-15-2017, 05:22 AM
State of Sprite Rips
Sorry just another note on the sprite edits.

Make sure you make all different parts different colors. Meaning if the guy you are making has white trunks and white knee pads, make them a slightly different shade of white. They can look identical but make sure the color number is different.

This is for switching palettes. I am not sure if they did that on the originals so I may have some work to do still on them.

09-15-2017, 04:45 PM
RE: State of Sprite Rips
(09-15-2017 04:09 AM)JaketheSnake Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.DeanJo2000 and Tibbo now have access to the Mr Perfect PSD and PNG files via Google Drive. I believe DeanJo will be continuing with Bret Hart and I have asked Tibbo to work on Ricky Steamboat. RonaldRain is finishing ripping jake and I am finishing the selling animations on Mr Perfect. I have to organize the Hulk Sprites but then they will be done and Wade is also ripping Sgt Slaughter now.

So sprites are moving along nicely!!!!!

One other thing very important for any would be editors. A lot of the sprites are duplicated in the animations. But we included them in the sprite sheet to keep the animations well organized.

Also, a couple of the moves have opponents body parts in them. This is how the original game handled them. I am going to change that in the new engine.

Deanjo did some great edits. I don't know how he did it, but Jake you and I were talking about the sizes (6 in all) for each wrestler so is that something they should be aware of. As with the proposed addition of newer wrestlers some (Warrior, Perfect, Crush) I think should change size. Everyone else is fine.
09-15-2017, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2017 09:45 PM by ronaldrain.)
RE: State of Sprite Rips
(09-10-2017 05:39 PM)deanjo2000 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I'll help out.
I don't have loads of time but can defo do some stuff.
You say you've got perfect nearly done so I could just carry on with this.
[Image: Bret%20Hart.png]
These are from a while back and I do have a couple more moves done.Is this the design you wanted?

I added an edited Perfect sheet.png with Perfect being the size of Jake on google drive
and here is deanjo2000's Bret the size of Jake
[Image: 2yl0kl1.png]

Also want to point out that all 6 sizes can be edited so each size can be same as other 5.
I will put up a tutorial on google drive for spriters to use makes creating characters not so limited.

Yesterday, 04:53 PM
State of Sprite Rips
Here are the alts ive got planned for him.

Attached File(s)
.png  bret hart pallettes.png (Size: 3.26 KB / Downloads: 9)

[Image: naturaldisasterssig.gif]
Yesterday, 05:11 PM
State of Sprite Rips
Love it !!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)