Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Relaunch Rules and discussion.
12-06-2017, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 02:56 PM by stocksy.)
Ok We have had some interest in a relaxed slightly altered format of this.

Year of start - 1992 - (Roster being worked on. I have discovered the colouring and more importantly uncolouring of the roster page is painful and the rules on post size and double posts is killing me to do it quickly. Please have a look at the roster page - I will start a thread in there for prelaunch roster discussion - don't discuss roster here as itll get messy quickly and we want to make sure rules are clear and discussed first.)

6 Territories maximum.

25 Maximum man roster.

Tag teams are selected as individuals but tag teams are protected for one round of draft - if you Draft Animal in 3rd round no one can select hawk until after your pick in the 4th round.

No limit on stars (draft is fair and its up to you who you draft and stars are subjective)

Users must post or update us at least once a month to remain active - personal stuff can take over and you don't need to lose your roster but at least let us know if you cant post the show minimum.

1 Show per month (please see above obviously exceptions are allowed its only a bit of fun). No show maximum.

6 monthly we will review rules and check if people still want to play.

None wrestling talent to be discussed - also what Brands we use etc.

we should try and keep this as fun and relaxed as possible and also act like gentlemen - its not for money and real ratings aren't a thing - don't try and annoy other players!

All the above is free to change and I will tidy it and make it look more like a set of rules and guidelines before we launch.

Put down stuff you want changed or added here - we can discuss - and make changes.
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: Relaunch Rules and discussion.
Think we're better off bumping roster to at least 30 and including non-wrestling talent in this and in the general draft. Makes it more flexible.

Wrestling Legends Figures: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Semtex's post:
stocksy (12-07-2017)
12-06-2017, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 07:46 PM by Semtex.)
6 brands... I suppose make a draft for brands. Randomise it. About the only fair way to do that then pick which one you want in the order of the draft.

I think in the interest of keeping this going, keeping writer motivated - it should may be compulsary that everyone involved has to read and give feedback to other peoples shows - with that said, it's a bit much to ask for people to read pages upon pages of text so maybe a word limit per show could be a way of keeping it from becoming a chore to read.

As much as Kev's and CorsRoc's was tremendously written last time, with the sheer amount of words produced, it did become a chore to read.

Please by all means put me in my place here and disagree or discuss.

Wrestling Legends Figures: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
stocksy (12-07-2017)
12-07-2017, 01:42 AM
A word limit?

What becomes enough in your book versus too much?

All of my shows were short, sweet, to the point and easy to follow, yet I had a few comments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Caveman_Cooper's post:
stocksy (12-07-2017)
12-07-2017, 07:32 AM
I don't like word limits because it limits what you want to do and what you want to say creatively. Word limit is probably the only thing I wouldn't want but I'm in the minority.

[Image: 16k51k5.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny1979's post:
stocksy (12-07-2017)
12-07-2017, 09:26 AM
(12-07-2017 01:42 AM)Caveman_Cooper Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.A word limit?

All of my shows were short, sweet, to the point and easy to follow, yet I had a few comments.

From what I remember the length of your shows was perfect.

Maybe not like a word limit per show but maybe per month. Like you could just do one bad add long show a month or 4 short shows a month. No idea of an actual number on this just throwing it out for discussion. As a potential reader of these I don't have time to read through massive diatribes of text.

stocksy (12-07-2017)
12-07-2017, 02:18 PM
I got you now Sem. That could work. The PPV could be the longest for the month since it is a big show.

(12-07-2017 09:26 AM)Semtex Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(12-07-2017 01:42 AM)Caveman_Cooper Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.A word limit?

From what I remember the length of your shows was perfect.

Maybe not like a word limit per show but maybe per month. Like you could just do one bad add long show a month or 4 short shows a month. No idea of an actual number on this just throwing it out for discussion. As a potential reader of these I don't have time to read through massive diatribes of text.

12-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Who's actually wanting a promotion then?

stocksy (12-07-2017)
12-07-2017, 10:22 PM
I think I'd be interested!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 2 users Like TheRealWorldsChampion's post:
Semtex (12-07-2017), stocksy (12-07-2017)
12-08-2017, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017 04:13 AM by Vinny1979.)
I would want WWF.

(12-07-2017 10:17 PM)Semtex Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Who's actually wanting a promotion then?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)