Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How sad....
01-11-2018, 07:22 PM
How sad....
I visit this site EVERYDAY, to see new creations, new posts, etc. I enjoy the work of everyone who contributes, even if I don't hit the "like" button, or comment. It takes a little testicular fortitude as Mick Foley would say, to put up images of your work for the internet to look at and scrutinize.

But I can't help but find it sad, that as I write this at 12:15 in the afternoon EST in the good ol' USA, that there is less traction with this game then there was at this time last year. Go ahead, take a look at the 2K17 threads. There were updates, conversations, etc going WELL into September as we all "braced" for the 2K18 debut. But, like many games since 2K14, this game was met and received with criticism, glitches, and overall "sameness" that I feel is hurting the product overall.

Don't get me wrong, with the creative freedom we have to create our own shows, Universe's, wrestlers, etc, there is alot to like about the game. But I don't feel the same juice that years prior had. Not sure if my opinion is shared by any of you or not. But I think this year and the lack of positive talk regarding this game has hit me more since I was the schmuck who not only paid $89.99 for the XB1 digital download, but another $53 when I got the Digital deluxe download for PS4 over X-mas. That's over $140 spent on a single game. You're damn right I want it to be fun and not so quickly ignored.

Thoughts?
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like mlindsay76's post:
cdiebold1 (01-11-2018), Phoenix2443 (01-12-2018)
01-11-2018, 08:01 PM
How sad....
I feel the same as you. Kinda slow around here this year in terms of conversations and threads being bumped but if I remember correctly, more CAWs were churned out FASTER than they were at this time last year - the creators created what they wanted to for their rosters and they were done (or burnt out) ... and for people like me ... I just got an XBox One for Christmas from the wife ... so when given the chance of gritting my teeth and dealing with the headache that WWE 2K18 is at the moment and playing any of the games I got for that system ... or World of Warcraft ... or whatever ... choice is pretty simple.

I wish 2K would give up the rights to dev this game - we need a different team because these suckas have dropped the ball time and time again ... and if they delivered a working product, the burn out wouldn't be so quick for most people.

But ... simply ... you're not alone and I check this thing several times a day.

If anyone wants to add me on XB or PS4:

DuckySolo = PS4
Mad_Agrar = XB1

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
My Youtube: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 2 users Like cdiebold1's post:
mlindsay76 (01-14-2018), Phoenix2443 (01-12-2018)
01-11-2018, 09:20 PM
How sad....
Wait, so I turned face by getting the PS4, and you turned heel by getting the XB1? How ironic!

I think you made a great point, in reviewing the 2K18 caw's, there were MANY that were shared/uploaded, just not being bumped as frequently. Also, having a WLF community on PS4 has still kept me engaged, as I get notifications on my phone through the app. I have shared some of my PS4 creations on there as opposed to here (many were recreations of my XB1's anyway).

I guess the real sad point for me is that for the 2nd year in a row, those of us who want Legends have to wait for the last DLC, by the time many of us are already tired of the game. I want my RNR Express, damnit Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like mlindsay76's post:
cdiebold1 (01-12-2018), Monitor (01-13-2018)
01-12-2018, 03:11 AM
RE: How sad....
I’ve definirely noticed the change in the creations activity this year versus last year (on Xbox). Seems like last year I could go online and find at least one exciting thing almost daily this time last year. This year I’m raking through piles of terrible nonsense CAWS and about a million ‘Logan paul’ CAWS. I get that my interest in specifically old school characters probably limits me but it seems like there’s definitely less interest in generating the same characters this year compared to last.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phoenix2443's post:
cdiebold1 (01-12-2018)
01-12-2018, 04:54 AM
How sad....
I had been checking the other forums 3-4 times a day because someone's always replying over there but much to my dismay it's like the 5 or 6 "big" CAW creators just create the same guys as the other guys are creating. There's like 15 "top notch" Kenny Omega CAWs ... just not really keeping my interest to keep going back to look at stuff like that. All NJPW and most other things are kind of neglected. Tyrant was my go to last year for Monday Night Wars Era odds & ends but he quit the game in November because of how broken it was.

I have finally set my universe roster with a mix of 80s, a couple New Gen, 2 scoops of AE, and some randoms here and there and I think I'll start simming on PS4 and recording this weekend.

My Youtube: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cdiebold1's post:
mlindsay76 (01-14-2018)
01-12-2018, 08:40 PM
How sad....
So the last three years have been a roller coaster for me. From wwe 2k16 on pc where you spend more time modding than playing , to wwe 2k17 on ps4 to not getting it this year at all. I was planning on getting it on switch but with all the damn problems with that and 2k not seemingly to give a rats ass about it. I have lost all my motivation to get it. The new legends in the game are not really what I would call very enticing in the first place. On top of that I have heard the ps4 and xbox versions have problems as well. I don't know if I will come back next year or for which system. 2k has to get this fixed or I will just play fire pro ps4.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Awesomekev33's post:
IconSting77 (01-18-2018)
01-12-2018, 09:12 PM
How sad....
Nobody understands this. WWE made a huge mistake signing with 2k to make their games. 2k cares about one franchise and one only. That is NBA 2k. They could care less about WWE fans and what we want. They make their money on NBA. WWE needs to find another company that would show the franchise the respect it deserves.

[Image: 16k51k5.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny1979's post:
cdiebold1 (01-12-2018), dely316 (01-13-2018), IconSting77 (01-18-2018)
01-13-2018, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 02:58 PM by Shiftygism.)
How sad....
I don't get that at all, the core gameplay is the best it's ever been and better than any 3D wrestling could possibly be in this day and age and has improved greatly since moving over from THQ with the addition of all of the reversal and transitional animations. We actually have a game that somewhat represents the television product in terms of pacing and match flow.....especially if you're going old school.

Yes there are bugs, and glitches, but any series building on twenty years worth of code and being forced to release on a yearly schedule (because of the WWE....not 2K) would be in the same shape. If WWE allowed all parties involved an extra six months or year to rethink things and iron out recurring problems, the overall package would likely improve....but they won't do that. I'm sure they would like to give fans what they want....if they didn't want so much, and if the WWE wasn't so restrictive. But then again, it's kinda impossible to fully satisfy this fanbase, something that has become increasingly clear from the shit posted on 2K's forums.

The only way they could possibly build a game that everyone could get behind is if they treated it as an MMO where there wasn't a yearly release, but something they could build on and add to over the years. That however, probably wouldn't be profitable for either WWE or whoever held the license, and despite claims that other publishers bid on it years back, I truly think no one wanted it, given the company that wound up with it was the same one that had downplayed its worth weeks before doing so.

Hopefully 2K can manage to get the overall package looking better for 2k19, but I don't know what they could do as Showcase isn't worth the cost spent on it as it's one and done, the WWE apparently doesn't want the story editor back....which I can understand given most uploaded content was crap, incredibly sexist, and would be a nightmare on the servers now if they included multiple wrestlers with thirty logos each, and there's little chance we'd ever see a return of a traditional Road to Wrestlemania mode as that's 2K opportunity for microtransactions with MyCareer. I can only hope they've figured out how to improve the framerate, have given all gimmick matches as big of an overhaul as they did the Rumble this year, and improved weapon physics and camera angles.

This is just the state of affairs right now and will probably be for the foreseeable future outside of modded projects unless someone manages to get an arcade game going for consoles. I mean it's pretty telling the one company that had the potential to really make a move in the wrestling game landscape (New Japan) simply decided to lend its roster to Fire Pro...a game that doesn't even need it. I mean, AAA took a shot a few years back with a fraction of their exposure for crap's sake, and New Japan won't? The audience just isn't there to warrant it. Even more so when it's fractured between those that want something current vs. old school fans, and those that want something little more arcadish in nature than the slow paced simulation that the Smackdown legacy series has become.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shiftygism's post:
mlindsay76 (01-14-2018)
01-13-2018, 10:25 PM
How sad....
For me it's biggest issue is outside of gameplay there is nothing there that's compelling enough to warrant playing.

Universe mode is STILL the same repetitive shit it's has been since it's inception. Rivals facing each other week in week out is not how feuds are played out.

[Image: 1t0w2s.jpg]
Signature created by Judders

01-14-2018, 04:09 AM
RE: How sad....
I have to put a huge kudos to those on Xbox one who uploaded stuff over the last twenty four hours that actually had me super excited. I really hope to see more (until I can get ps4 already)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)