Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dirt Sheets
01-18-2018, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2018 02:01 PM by kevin7ee.)
Dirt Sheets
PRO WRESTLING TORCH
Roberts dissatisfied with first show

Pro Wrestling Torch recently snuck into the bowels of Alcatraz and secretly caught an internal discussion between the owner of the recently revived Global Wrestling Federation, Jake "The Snake" Roberts and his stooge "The Genius" Lanny Poffo. Despite winning the Global Heavyweight Championship belt, Roberts was disappointed by the overall outcome of the show and was seen lambasting Poffo with every profanity imaginable.

[Image: 4pMqNZR.jpg]

While many would have touted the show as a profound success, Roberts had his own interpretations of success and, based on his reactions, thought that the show somehow fell short of his expectations. After further probing, the Torch discovered that the owner's main gripe was due to the poor collection of live gate receipts and on-demand purchases. With limited seats on-site, supplemented by closed circuit tv buys, the revenue barely made a dent on the initial investment poured into the purchase of GWF, not to mention the funds used in securing Alcatraz from the San Francisco state government. Roberts had guaranteed hefty returns to his investors and must now deliver on his promise.

Roberts threatened Poffo with immediate termination if he failed to meet the mark with the next show. The owner inherently suggested that the available seats in Alcatraz be made exclusive only to high rollers and big money spenders. The Snake was not as keen about building a fan base as he was in generating immediate cash returns. Roberts even instructed Poffo to set up a station to accept side bets on the matches featured in the card.

This was a huge risk being undertaken by the GWF owner. For starters, he might attract unwanted attention from the Gaming Commission on illegal gambling. Worst yet, the Torch believed that Roberts would not be able to cover the bets should the match outcomes prove unfavorable. While it's true that desperate times call for desperate measures and as impressive as the revival was in shaking the pro wrestling world to the core... we could well be witnessing the GWF sink to the bottom of the ocean.
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2018, 04:22 AM
RE: Dirt Sheets
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
PO Box 1228, Campbell CA 95009-1228

It would appear that, following the recent leak from a rival news source that shall remain unnamed, owner of Global Wrestling Federation, Jake "The Snake" Roberts has been receiving numerous proposals and deal offers from multiple parties - corporates, small businesses, government agencies, former wrestlers, active wrestlers, wrestling personalities and even religious groups. But none more noteworthy than Sherri Martel.

[Image: jake-roberts-sensational-sherri.jpg]

Martel and Roberts were seen exchanging pleasantries and talking business at a restaurant around Fisherman's Wharf. As Roberts looks to exploit his current product offering to optimize his returns, he would presumably be willing to listen to all offers, but must be wise in making his decision because there will be no second chance. Nobody expected Martel to throw her name into the hat as well. Most fans do not know this, but Martel's first brush with professional wrestling was in 1974 when she approached Grizzly Smith for advice to become a wrestler. Smith happens to be Roberts' estranged father.

Martel has enjoyed a long career both in the ring and out of it. She has been a highly successful wrestler, winning championships wherever she went, most notably besting the seemingly unbeatable Fabulous Moolah for the WWF Women's Championship. She was an even better manager, leading her charge of wrestlers and tag-teams to multiple championships, including the likes of Buddy Rose & Doug Somers, the "Macho King" Randy Savage, the "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and more recently the "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels. But what does she want with Roberts? What does she see in the GWF?

The following recorded conversation tells all:

Sherri: Let's get right down to it here. You need to pay off your investors... and I want in.
Jake: I'm not sure I follow.
Sherri: Cut the bullshit, Jake. I know you're getting other offers, but nobody's willing to sign anything. It's all talk and empty promises. I know a desperate man when I see one.
Jake: You should also know that desperate men do desperate things.
Sherri: Is that a threat? Cause if it is, I'm walkin' outta here and I'm takin' my investors with me.
Jake: Now these investors of yours. How do I even know they exist? How do I know you're as legit as you claim to be? How do I know that you'll hold your end of the bargain?
Sherri: Cause like you, I'm just as desperate. The WWF isn't working out; I can't believe they stick me with a greenhorn primadonna like Shawn Michaels. Then they want me to work with Jannetty? What do they take me for? Mother Theresa?
Jake: Sounds like things have not changed much in New York.
Sherri: So what's it gonna be, Jake? Time's a wasting.
Jake: Remind me again what's in it for you?
Sherri: You're looking to rake in the dollars? Well then you're looking at miss money in the bank. I've got investors all lined up just dying to put their money down on the next big thing. I'm talking about big punters; these are the kinda guys that would burn money on shit like dog racing and cock fighting. And what could be better than human cock fighting in Alcatraz? I'm bringing you Vegas; it doesn't get any better than that. And in return, I want an iron clad contract with the GWF. This prison thing you've got going is gold, and I want a piece of the action.
Jake: Sounds almost too good to be true. Fine. You drive a hard bargain, Sherri. Daddy would be proud.
Sherri: You know he didn't do jack shit for me, just like he didn't do shit for you. And they don't call me Sensational for nothing, honey. Now how about that drink?

It would appear that Roberts and Martel have come to a mutually beneficial agreement by the end of the evening. If all goes to plan, it'll be betting season in GWF and the Black Queen would be getting her picks of inmate talent. So don't be surprised to see Sensational Sherri in Alcatraz sooner rather than later. Remember, you heard it here first.
01-29-2018, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2018 03:10 PM by kevin7ee.)
*******WRESTLING*******
ENQUIRER

[Image: tumblr_oxzr7w7Nco1u7kcybo1_500.png]

It is now official! Big Boss Man has been handed the keys to Alcatraz! Owner of Global Wrestling Federation (GWF), Jake "The Snake" Roberts, seemingly impressed by the heavyweight talent, has named him as the Enforcer, basically his right hand man to help run the penitentiary and manage the inmates. In a related story, Roberts has been reportedly attempting to secure a long term television deal for the GWF with various networks, but all his efforts have not produced any favorable outcomes. It would appear that most network executives are uncomfortable with the violent nature of the product, which they believe would turn away many of their existing sponsors.

In other GWF news, Demolition Ax has been discharged from the hospital and is said to be slowly recovering in his cell from bruised hips, suffered on the first edition of the Global Xchange when he was thrown off the balcony from the first floor by one Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Sensational Sherri will continue to view matches from the ringside area, while also doubling up as a commentator, as she keeps up her search for talent to form the very first faction in GWF. She is said to have been impressed by Harlem Heat and "Stunning" Steve Austin thus far, but has not made any moves.

A number of individuals have already raised their dissatisfaction with the way in which Roberts stole the Global Heavyweight Championship, arguing that his tactics has diluted the prestige of the world title. At the same time, such accusations could have been derived from jealousy given the sources of complaint, including Gama Singh, Crush and One Man Gang. Notwithstanding, Roberts must curb this animosity amongst the prison community lest he wants a riot on his hands.
01-29-2018, 01:37 PM
Can you clarify one thing. Are they inmates? Or do they just come to Alcatraz for the show? Then go home?

Wrestling Legends Figures: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
01-29-2018, 03:10 PM
(01-29-2018 01:37 PM)Semtex Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Can you clarify one thing. Are they inmates? Or do they just come to Alcatraz for the show? Then go home?

Thanks for pointing that out. Illusion is that they're all inmates on the island.
01-29-2018, 04:47 PM
The illusion yes. But the dirt sheets are ok to say ax is recovering at home but the illusion is that he's in the infirmary or resting in his cell?

Wrestling Legends Figures: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
01-29-2018, 08:15 PM
(01-29-2018 04:47 PM)Semtex Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.The illusion yes. But the dirt sheets are ok to say ax is recovering at home but the illusion is that he's in the infirmary or resting in his cell?

Changed the home bit earlier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kevin7ee's post:
Semtex (01-29-2018)
02-04-2018, 07:03 PM
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
PO Box 1228, Campbell CA 95009-1228

From the source of news that brought you the sensational discussion between Sherri Martel and Jake "The Snake" Roberts, the editors of Wrestling Observer have gained access to a private phone conversation between the owner of Global Wrestling Federation and Michael "PS" Hayes.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Michael Hayes: You're doing remarkable with the money you're raking in from the side bets.
Jake Roberts: The house never loses.
Michael Hayes: True that. But you can be making so much more, my friend... and I can help you do just that.
Jake Roberts: I'm listening.
Michael Hayes: Your coverage, man. It just isn't enough. Sherri has done great by enticing her Las Vegas connection here. Unfortunately you can fit less than a thousand people each time. I don't care if you're talking about some of the richest cats this side of town, there is a carrying capacity on the island. And closed circuit television isn't cutting it anymore.
Jake Roberts: So what are you suggesting?
Michael Hayes: Two words... network tv, my man. This is the 90s, baby. Everything's on tv.
Jake Roberts: And?
Michael Hayes: Aren't you listening? I'm offering you the key to the holy grail. I've got connections in Atlanta and I can easily hook you up.
Jake Roberts: And what's in it for you? I don't believe in free lunches and you don't look like someone who'd work at soup kitchen. So what's the deal?
Michael Hayes: What's the deal? Simple. Just like Sherri, I want a piece of the pie. I want to be involved. I want to be part of this whole prison shindig.
Jake Roberts: I'm sure we can work something out. On a separate note, you should know that influencing talent to throw a match will not be tolerated around here. The next time you pull a stunt like that, I don't care if you're overflowing with cash, I'm gonna make sure you be on the next boat off the island. We clear? Let me know once you've set up that meeting with your contacts in Atlanta.
02-04-2018, 10:04 PM
Interesting development. You'd think if this made it to network tv the product would have to change a bit.

02-12-2018, 04:40 AM
[Image: Pro_Wrestling_Illustrated.jpg]

The editors at Pro Wrestling Illustrated recently caught up with owner of Global Wrestling Federation, Jake "The Snake" Roberts,

PWI: First of all, thank you for agreeing to this interview. We know you're a busy man, so let's cut right to the chase. On the last episode of Global Xchange, Sensational Sherri unveiled Masahiro Chono as her new client. Not only that, she also announced Chono as the number one contender to your title. Care to comment on that?

[Image: Azx6zmr.jpg]

JR: It's no secret that Sherri and I struck a deal behind closed doors. I'm not gonna go through the details of the contract of course, it's none of anyone's business. But for the benefit of our loyal viewers and avid fans, I will disclose this much... in exchange for her contacts in Las Vegas, which we have since milked to the bone, I agreed to bring her on board as a personality and manager on a pay-per-appearance contract. As part of that contract, the understanding was that she could pick anyone to manage, in which she would be receiving a cut from their winnings. There was never a time where I agreed to reward her would-be clients with any title shots, be it mine or otherwise. They're gonna have to earn their stake. If she thinks otherwise, then she's got another thing coming.

PWI: So you're saying that Chono is not the number one contender?

JR: I'm saying that he's gonna have to earn it just like everybody else.

PWI: What about your last challenger Gama Singh? He never quite...

JR: I'd rather not dwell on the past and focus on the future, shall we? Is there anything else?

PWI: Would you care to comment on the arrangements you have with Michael Hayes?

JR: No.

In other GWF related news...
  • Steve Austin has suffered some lacerations during the last show and will be forced to miss some ring time.
  • Demolition Ax has reaggravated his injury and has not been medically cleared for in ring action for the forseeable future. GWF owner Jake Roberts and the championship committee will decide on the fate of the Global Tag-Team Championship.
  • Crush and One Man Gang have formed an alliance akin to Hell's Angels motorcycle club. These denim wearing duo are calling themselves the Disciples of Apocalypse (DOA).
  • There appears to be some animosity brewing between fellow countrymen Hakushi and the Great Muta. Officials are still trying to uncover any possible history between the two. For the moment, they are being kept apart in separate prison blocks.
  • GWF owner Jake Roberts has put pen to paper on a deal of undisclosed amount supposedly arranged by Michael Hayes with an unnamed Atlanta television station to begin syndicating GWF shows. Hayes has apparently benefited from the deal as well.
  • Roberts is also rumored to be in discussion with other local prisons and penitentiaries about an exchange program in his efforts to bring more talent to Alcatraz.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)