Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[PS1] How to Mod Smackdown 2
03-12-2011, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2011 11:53 AM by nikethebike.)
[PS1] How to Mod Smackdown 2
i know iam not supposed to mention other sites but it was there were i learned this,iam willing to tell anyone who wants to know how to do this and where to go and how to get started or i could try my very best to explain but iam being honest its hard at first  and takes alot of time to make a patch for example changing all 65 wrestlers display names for during matches and display pictures via photoshop i have a link to download photoshop for free so could give yous that anyway there are different pac files in the smackdown 2 iso and you have to extract the C2pac and Ed2pac via CdMage so make a folder for each called C2pac and Ed2pac as there are lots of files then you have to scan they files via timeview then save them for example say the c2pac had 1217 files you would save as follows 1-1217 then convert from tim to bmp then you can start to mod C2pac contains for example all the Wrestlers display pictures ringside tables the finishing move flash bar mics that micheal cole holds during season and so on but i will get back to that in a bit,so for adding a wrestler that you have made you have to make a CAW and open the memory card via hackman hexeditor and go to find say you make Hulk Hogan when you go to find it will take you right to the start of his name,so ................................Hulk Hogan
copy from the first bit before the H in his name all the way up till you have copyed 534 bites then click copy then file and open the c2pac and find the wrestler you want to replace example .....................The Rock just do exactly what you did there copy all the way up till you have 534 bites then paste Hulk Hogans Data from whitch you copyed from the memory card then file and save not save as just save and to change wrestlers display names just go to The Rock click on each letter and type in the name but never and the Rick means never use space bar or delete its stuffs up your c2pac for good,now to make a space if anyone has used hackman hexeditor just on the letter you want to delete there will be a huge code list at the left so say i want to make a space and take away the C in rock just go to the left and you will see the a number or letter in a wee tiny box click on it and type 20 this letter or number will be in the same line as the rocks name its easy yous will pick it up
display picturs season mode logos and other c2pac items
to replace display pictures and other c2pac items you must open the BMP file that you converted earlier in timeview and go to image mode and index colour to RGB and now you can edit it,all items you replace must be the same size as the item you are replacing display pictures just right click and go to image size and make you new picture the same size then copy and paste over the old picture you are replacingthen go to mode and go from RGB back to Index colour then do the following palette :Local perceptual colours 16 forced black and white dither none and file and save as and just save it over the bmp that you replaced just click ok to all the following,rite heres the hard part you have to now open that BMP in timeview so open and go to conver BMP back to Tim then once thats done go to file and insert Tim files NOW!!! dont panick it will most likely crash jsut go to ctrl alt and delete and close it there now you are ready to reimort the c2pac to tour sd2 iso but if any of yous followed my WWF 80s patch you will see how i had to start again,notice how it crashed in timeview this is what gives us the rope shadow problem and mucks up the c2pac and makes the mod rubbish like other sd2mods so the way around this is simple mod everything you need in to what i call the fudged C2pac then have a fresh C2pac ready and waiting just simply remember the number of the item you modded and open the tim file of this in timeview file and open tim the file and save tim and save it in place in the new c2pac of what number the item has to go to once you have done this go to conver tim to bmp and then once thats done file and insert tim files and it wont crash giving you a perfect c2 pac ready to be reimported to the c2pac this is the best and only way to modd smackdown 2 perfectly i did say it was hard lol
now season mode logos
remember the Index to RGB well just find a picture you want to use in place of lets say Raw is War and resize it and leave it at RGB  file save as BMP fromat and depth 16 save these to a folder then open the season mode logo you just made in timeview and go to convert BMP to Tim i forgot to say when doing this once you click convert a little option of all your folders will apear just click what ever folder the item is in you are replacing is so BMP to Tim for season logo and then file and open the tim you jsut made then save in to your c2 pacin place of the logo you are replaceing these event logos run from 314-327 in the C2pac so you know where they are plus i will list where everything is so you can mod it fastly
ED2pac
ED2pac is where all the CAW items are trust me there are loads and takes mega long to find everything but its kinda in order like when you make a CAW it stars  at head and works its way down replacing logos for shirts are easy all you do is copy over it like you did way the display pictures and same ways of saving it and then open BMP in timeview and convert BMP to Tim then inset Tim files and the good thimng is it dosent crash you only have to do this once i recomend jsut replacing the logos for tops and bottoms as trying to add a full attire is hard and you never get perfect results but i will tell yous anyway
take a shirt for example it may have 5parts sp mod them and resize as you would but each item has to  have the same colour table as eachother even if onpart of the item was pink and the other blue so what you do is make a folder called colour tables and save the item with the most colous in it so resize RGB back to index ect ect then colour table and load the colour table of the item way the most colours in it and  it will make your item go all strange this is when you paste again and you should have a decent looking item but for bigginers like me i recomend just using the items in the game with cool Logos you can via photoshop take my WWF 80s patch i dived in to the deepend trying to make each guy look great and i did ok but what smackdown 2 dosent give you for attires it has alot of other cool stuff like the finishing move flash bar and adding logos to the tables and is a good enjoyable game any questions just ask if you want the links to Timeview and CDmage and photoshop and Hexeditor just say plus i have loads of Smackdown 2 iso's i could upload for anyone wanting to get started there are other pacs you can mod but there just crowed signs and title belts and other useless things CAW pac and DENT pac Caw is crowed signs and Dent is belts well good luck if anyone trys this feel free to ask for help any time i would love for anyother Smackdown 2 Modder to come along and take on the challange its fun best i can offer is arena hacks lads

[Image: wcwrick4.jpg]
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Re: How to Mod Smackdown 2
iam willing to help anyone who wants to do this,my advice is start by hacking caws in then once you have done this move on to the next part and so on i started learning how to do this xmas eve 2010 and had my patch started a week later so its easy if you stick at it

03-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Can you add higher res texture or does the game force anything you do at high res down to low res.

[Image: 1t0w2s.jpg]
Signature created by Judders

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
03-12-2011, 06:02 PM
do you mean like no mercy style?the guy who helped me do it says he is workinhg on how to do it,i have seen pictures of caws with the real faces kinda like no mercy and i have to say it looks amazing if i hear how to do that then i will post it here,when you make a caw you have to select the eyes mouth and nose so its in parts and thats what its like in the ED2pac there isnt a bit where you could just mod hogans face in to the game,as i said there is loads of different pac files and NMCM said he is tring to work out how to mod the wrestlers that are in the game ,so when you make a caw you can pic original body parts and make a guy who is already in the game,i think there trying to work out how to open these files so they could paste hogans face in to the game ect so the only way i know how to do it is just make a boring simple caw lol but its good fun

07-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Even though this is insanely hard to read since it's a wall of text I stickied it for you! Wink

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.<br />[Image: nikethebike.jpg]<br />You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
07-10-2011, 03:29 AM
Re: [PS1] How to Mod Smackdown 2
Why not just use the tim plugin and edit the tim files directly instead of all that converting?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
07-10-2011, 11:44 AM
thanks man i didnt have the tim plugin,i do agree that all the converting is a pain but its the only way i knew how todo it

10-26-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm very interested in learning to do so and I'm debating on getting it started this will be useful thanks for taking the time to share this info.
10-26-2011, 06:02 PM
no problem man any questions just ask

10-31-2011, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2011 12:18 AM by Junkyard Log.)
Rick do I have to start making CAW's first ? how did ACE make some of his charachters look so realistic like the Earthquake lettering on his attire or like the snake wrapping around Jake's pants... I'm thinking about doing an oldschool ECW game I have never done this before but I want to try to attempt to do so anyways what programs should I have to get started? Thanx for your help I really enjoyed your WCW/NWO Patch btw.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)