Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mike Tyson Pre-order Trailer
06-19-2012, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2012 01:25 PM by Yoshie5.)
Mike Tyson Pre-order Trailer
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Seems that the only problem with the Raw Is War arena is Justin Roberts announcing. It should be Fink or at least Tony Chimel (who did alot of announcing in the Attitude Era). I noticed JR at the table towards the end of the footage too.

[Image: yoshie5.jpg]
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2012, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2012 03:59 PM by SonicHydra.)
Re: Mike Tyson Pre-order Trailer
Thanks for posting the vid.

Wow, just wow. I cant believe that THQ's tactic to win people back after WWE 12 and to cement those pre-orders for WWE 13 is to offer up Mike Tyson as the pre-order bonus.

Dont get me wrong, I think Tyson is cool and all, but he was in WWE for one fued that lead to one Wrestlemania. Sure he was very useful in exposing WWE (or WWF at the time) to more people around the world and brought in a lot of media attention, but he was a very small part of the whole attitude era. And am I the only one that thinks a pre-order bonus for a wrestling game should be...I dont know...A WRESTLER?!!!

Well dont THQ, all the old school fans probably dont care that much about having Tyson in their game, and all the young fans probably dont know who the hell he is.

PS. Cory Ledesma has confirmed on twitter that Justin Roberts will not be the announcer for attitude era. Its more than likely the Fink. Original quote (when asked why Roberts was the announcer in the vid):

"old footage. you'll have to wait and see who the Attitude Era announcer is. We are staying true."

[Image: Deadpool-Banner-01.jpg]<br /><br />WLF BLIX WORLD CHAMPION - 20th Nov 2011 - Score: 60100<br />WLF MATCH WORLD CHAMPION - 20th Nov 2011 - Score 12090
06-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Awesome trailer!

Having Tyson in WWE 13 as part of Attitude era is cool! I like the idea! However as pre-order bonus...ummm... yeah that doesnt make me want to rush out and pre-order the game. I already can play as Tyson on Fight Night Champion against well....wait for it....boxers. Looks good and nice to see he is 98 tyson. But pre-order....i can wait.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.<br /><br />[Image: wwe13therock.png]
06-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Cory tweeted that is old footage and that there is a special announcer for attitude era. Sounds like Fink is in. So that is good news.

As for the vid, Im liking the Iron Mike Punches! Cant wait to see his moveset.

[Image: awsb.jpg]
06-19-2012, 05:37 PM
i wonder what tyson's music will be

[Image: 6.jpg]
06-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Tyson is a global icon, that is why he is the preorder bonus. No possible way to appeal to everyone.

[Image: awsb.jpg]
06-19-2012, 08:31 PM
here an article from thq website  bout  tyson in wwe 13
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Tyson is the perfect choice for a preorder bonus. It means they can plaster him image all over stores POS around the world. Every Boxing/MMA fan will notice it and express interest. It's really clever, fair play to them.

Our expectations for future WWE games<br />http://thewrestlinglegendsforum.com/silverdome/index.php?topic=7767.new#new
06-20-2012, 12:55 AM
I Disagree, most wrestling fans will preorder & buy as it's the only wrestling game. It's also the only new game this year to feature a pro boxer, and a former UFC fighter. Was using Tyson's image apart of the selling UFC deal? EA I would have thought EA had the rights to his license through the Fight Night games.  Also preorder's are only used to predict Future sales, a lot of stores let you preorder for free & your not obliged to buy. About 20% of preordered games don't get sold on the first weekend.

Our expectations for future WWE games<br />http://thewrestlinglegendsforum.com/silverdome/index.php?topic=7767.new#new
06-20-2012, 01:42 AM
I hope it has his awful attempt at a DX crotch chop as a taunt in the game.

[Image: picture1hg.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)