Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
The Wrestling Legends Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2000 and onward? (NEW UPDATE! MAJOR CHANGE OF PLANS!)
09-14-2012, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 12:19 AM by RexFesto696.)
2000 and onward? (NEW UPDATE! MAJOR CHANGE OF PLANS!)
UPDATE! MAJOR CHANGE OF PLANS:
After watching certain WWF events between 1990 and 1995, I finally realized that there's stuff, even in the Golden Era and the New Generation Period, that I would normally deem a bit "intense" or "extreme".

Does this mean I'm giving up on Classic Wrestling altogether?
OH HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!
I've come so far with this obsession, that I'm not gonna throw it all away now!

Now that I know this, it's time to desensitize, BIG TIME. I'm going back and rebuilding my Attitude Era Video Collection. THIS time though, it'll be COMPLETE. Not three years, but SEVEN. 1996-2002.

This plan is already well underway. 1997-1999 is almost done except for Sunday Night HeAT 1998. I've got RAW and the PPVs from 1996. I'm in the middle of downloading ALL RAWs, SmackDown!s, and PPVs from 2000-2002.

Unfortunately, I had to delete all my downloaded Golden Era and New Generation videos in order to make room for this new ginormous vault, but mark my words:
As soon as I get another external hard drive, I will return and grab them again...

Quote:UPDATE:
After buying the Attitude Era DVD and getting back into WCW, plus the fact that I wanna archive as much of the Monday Night Wars as I possibly can (which includes 2000 and early 2001), I've decided to go back and rekindle my interest in WWE during the 2000s. No I'm not gonna go too far and say I cherish the PG Era (I don't), but I AM gonna desensitize myself over all the parts about WWF/E 2000s that I never liked. If I was able to do it for Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings Movie Trilogy, then I can definitely do it with this...

Quote:I'm notorious for changing my mind about pretty much everything on a regular basis. Everyone here knows that by now.

BUT, and this is a serious BUT, my mind has a line. It DOES NOT LIKE when something crosses that line. If something does cross the line, my mind takes action against it. I can assure you my mind is virtually impossible to change when it's in this state.

Believe me, a lot of things have crossed that line, even things most people say are great and monumental. But if a thing crosses the line, it doesn't matter to me or my mind how great or monumental it is or how many people cherish it. If it crosses the line, it's nothing to me but utter s**t.

Sorry about the profanity, but that's how I feel about a several of the things that crossed my mind's line.

Now you're probably wondering, what's all this have to do with my wrestling? Well, I was just about to get to that point...

People may condemn me, hate me, and bash me for this, I don't care because it will make them look immature, but after watching a lot of and thus being exposed to 2000 and the early years of that decade of pro wrestling, I have come to the conclusion that several factors from that period have crossed my mind's line. I won't state exactly which factors, but they've been a thorn to my side ever since I was starting to get out of wrestling during that time. Plus, from the bits and pieces of 2000 and 2001 that I obtained for my so-called \"Complete Attitude Era Video Collection\", I found NEW factors that JUST NOW crossed the line.

So, thanks to all that, I now heavily despise the early 2000s of pro wrestling. The early 2000s were already a hard, bad time for me in real life, so this gives me all the more reason to call those times evil as hell.

NOW, instead of 1996-2001, my Attitude Era timespan is 1997-1999, when to me, everything about the sport was perfect and rosy. Now I'm more determined than ever to collect and enjoy all the good years of the Attitude Era before it all went to hell for me.

WWF WrestleMania 2000 is my ULTIMATE favorite game of all time, because not only does it match my favorite game criteria, but also because it's a good mixture of 1998-1999, when I really started to get into WWF in the first place. Plus I grew up with the game, and that means a lot to me.

I'm gonna buy as many DVDs containing moments from WWF 97-99 as I can get my hands on. If they contain stuff from 2000 onward, I'm just gonna ignore that stuff and salvage the 97-99 parts. My torrented video collection will include every RAW and PPV from 97-99, and every HeAT and SmackDown! from 99.

All favorites I declared prior to this (edited) post are now obsolete. Any plans I previously had of exploring WWF/WWE 2000 and onward to today are now officially cancelled. You guys are good to me, and I appreciate that you don't force me to watch or like what I hate, but if any \"evil\" wrestling fans/forums try to do that to me, then You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Out with the new, and in with the old!

[Image: I1Y215I.png?1]
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Re: My Global Period of Wrestling: WWF 1985-1999. Nothing Before, Nothing After.
all you write is truth

today wwe,tna we can not compare with old nwa and wwf
09-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Re: My Global Period of Wrestling: WWF 1985-1999. Nothing Before, Nothing After.
soon as year 2000 hit it just all started going downhill in a major way

[Image: Dann01.gif][Image: DefDave02.gif][Image: JaySticLe.gif]
09-15-2012, 06:52 PM
In the 80's when I was like 6 years old, my dad got me a Hulk Hogan action figure. I had no idea who he was, so he got lost in the shuffle of my Ninja Turtles, Transformers, GI Joes, and Ghostbusters toys. But then one day my dad was watching wrestling and I saw Hogan, who I recognized from the action figure I had. I was hooked since then. It was this show:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I later found out it was the highest rated wrestling match in American television history, and still is to this day. I would catch WCW every once in a while, so I knew about WCW guys like Sting. But I watched WWF pretty religiously, every tv show, every PPV, bought the action figures and magazines and everything, and my dad used to record tv shows and PPVs on VHS dating back to about 1985, so I went and got myself caught up with the stuff I missed from before, like WrestleMania's 1, 2, and 3.

I started to lose interest around 1994 or so, when the "New Generation" era took over. I was getting older and more interested in real sports. And wrestling was becoming more cartoon-like, with characters like Doink the Clown and Adam Bomb. Finally, the lame Undertaker vs. Undertaker feud put the last nail in the coffin and I was done with wrestling. It was too lame now.

But then one of my friends called me and said "did you see WCW Nitro? Lex Luger showed up! He was just at the WWF PPV!" I was over wrestling at this point, and I never really followed WCW like I did WWF, so I didn't really care. But I still started to check out Nitro from time to time, and I'm glad I did. I should mention that Hogan was my favorite from the "Rock 'n Wrestling" era, and Razor Ramon was my favorite guy during the "New Generation" era. And sure enough, Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) eventually started showing up on Nitro, along with Diesel (Kevin Nash). And then at Bash at the Beach, the first PPV I ordered since WrestleMania 10, Hogan joined them! Hogan and Hall on the same team?? And at this point, I'm a rebellious young teenager who wanted to root for the bad guys over the faces, the nWo was PERFECT for me!

And I'm watching mainly WCW at this point, but I'm flipping to Raw all the time during commercial breaks or boring matches, and by late 1997/early '98, WWF is great again with the "Attitude" era. 1998 was awesome, both shows were entertaining, and I was in high school at this time and EVERYBODY was a wresting fan. I loved Hogan and that whole Hulkamania era, but wrestling was never "cool" back then. Wrestling was cool in 1998.

Eventually, Vince Russo took over WCW and it started to fall apart. And I started to get bored with WWF as well. I kind of lost interest in wrestling around 2000. I would check back in from time to time, like when WWF bought WCW, I started watching again, but the Alliance angle was lame. When they brought in Flair, the nWo, Mr. Perfect, Scott Steiner, or Goldberg, I'd check it out to see what they were going to do with those guys, but it was always pretty disappointing. I think it was around 2002 when they changed their name to WWE and split their roster into two brands, that's around the time I finally gave up and stopped watching. What most the people here call the "Ruthless Aggression" era, I call the time period where I gave up on wrestling.

I didn't watch wrestling at all for the longest time, most of the 2000's. Then I heard about Legends of WrestleMania. I think around 2009. I was excited, and though the game itself wound up being a disappointment, it got me back into wrestling. I started watching both WWE and TNA. I still watch them both, though mainly because I DVR them and then watch them late at night when I can't sleep. I like TNA a little better than WWE now, but I don't really get too excited by either promotion these days like I did during the Hulkamania era or during the Monday Night Wars.

[Image: 33jr82f.png]
09-15-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm gonna make a tiny little alteration, and change 1985-1999 to WMI - WMXV. To me, the WWF was going full force after WrestleMania I, and after XV is when they started evolving into the stuff that I hate, not to mention the fact my real life was starting to go downhill after XV as well.

[Image: I1Y215I.png?1]
09-15-2012, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2012 08:34 PM by oldschooldays.)
Great stories guys,Smile...I´m from Spain,i "knew" Hogan in the middle 80's via "Rocky III" and "A-team" but i had no idea about  wrestling...Some years later,in 1990  some private channel started to share WWF .The first PPV i watched was Wrestlemania VI,the ultimate challenge Hogan vs Warrior it´s a classic that i´ll never forget,and since that day professional wrestling become a hit to an entire generation of spanish teenagers...Since 1990 to 1994 we enjoyed with WWF(incluiding 2 world tours in whose my country was included) ...I feel happy when i think i saw live guys like R.PIPER,LOD,THE ROCKERS,BULLDOG,EARTHQUAKE,TITO SANTANA,TAKER and many others.... and then in 1994,unfortunately was over....

No more wrestling in spain  between 1994-1998...Later ,in 1998 WCW NITRO started in spanish TV,not for long time,but it was great to see again Hogan,Savage and many others ....

Finally since 2004 to nowadays ,the spanish audience joins profesional wrestling.

Personally it´s a shame that i never watched a lot of magic moments in the latest 90's,specially the Monday night wars period ...when Internet came in the early-middle 2000's i started to learn wrestling history lessons,and i was amazed in many, many ways.I really had no idea about it...I really enjoyed

But anyway my favourite time period it´s between 1985-1994

Sorry for my english level,it´s difficult to express some feelings with it.
09-15-2012, 10:38 PM
(09-15-2012 06:52 PM)WrestleFest link Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Finally, the lame Undertaker vs. Undertaker feud put the last nail in the coffin

Nail in the coffin! That's funny.

[Image: picture1hg.jpg]
09-16-2012, 01:34 PM
I actually liked that match lol.

09-17-2012, 01:40 AM
My favorite time period has to be 1985-2001. Even though I wasn't around in the 80's I've watched a ton of stuff fron that time period, watched a ton from the New Generation Era and the Attitude Era. I think WWE started going downhill after 1999.

10-02-2012, 07:24 AM

[Image: 33jr82f.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)